NOVELLA: Éminence Grise

We aren't limited to fanfic. Any writing that doesn't fit elsewhere can go here. Feel free to post poetry, stories, articles, ideas and any other fiction or non-fiction you wish.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

NOVELLA: Éminence Grise

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Yep, another story. A bit too long for a regular short story, so I guess I'll have to call it a novella. (But really, I see it as more of a 22-page novel.)

When Pamela was a child, she was taken from her parents by Doralis, the telepathic ruler of the world, to be raised in an institute. Ten years later, Doralis falls into a coma after an assassination attempt, and Pamela is placed in a psychiatric clinic for deprogramming. The world seems to be free of Doralis' reign, but then a pandemic of nightmares starts.

Warning: some violence and other scary stuff.

As usual, drop me a line and I'll mail you the story. I'm happy for any kind of constructive criticism. I'd be especially happy for opinions about something pretty immoral Pamela does around the middle of the story (when you read it, you know what I'll mean), and whether I should cut that bit or not.

Potentially fun trivia about the creation of this story under the spoiler cut:
Spoiler
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.