Simpsurama Look-A-Likes!

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
alexslade
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Simpsurama Look-A-Likes!

Post by alexslade » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:59 am

This Topic is about trying to find Simpsons/Futurama look-a-likes!
I'll start it off.
Troy Mcclure/ Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Mcclure!
Attachments
Zapp Mcclure!
Zapp Mcclure!
Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: Simpsurama Look-A-Likes!

Post by Gulliver63 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:02 am

I'd like to revive what I think is a really great topic...I like spotting these things, as I haven't seen every Simpson episode.
Attachments
De Ja Vu 1 small.jpg
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:17 am

I'm fairly sure that those are coincidences, given that the Simpsons characters are incredibly minor. (I don't even know who the guy with the Amy hair is.) Maybe not the Leo Wong one.

Troy/Zapp, on the other hand, is very obviously intentional. And seems to imply that Troy managed to reproduce with a human woman, which is scary enough in itself...
Last edited by c_nordlander on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:03 pm

It looks like the "Sour-Faced Teen" (name given by Bill Oakley in an audio commentary)most prominent in "Homerpalooza" and IIRC debuted in "Lady Bouvier's Lover". (ed.: not quite.) I always thought Leo Wong resembled an elderly Lewis myself.
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:02 pm

I had fun with those, and didn't mean to come off sounding smart with my dialogue; for a lot of my stuff in my stories, I go back to things I created for games 15 or 20 years ago. You are right about the top guy being the tough kid that ran a record shop in "Homerpalooza," and the bottom guy was some extra that the family ran into when vacationing in Tokyo. And I know for a fact that Marge spoke with a woman that looks very similar to Morgan Proctor, but I haven't figured out where to find her yet; I think Marge showed her a baseball card with Homer on it, if I'm not mistaken. I do want to find more of these, as they are fun.
David Bowie
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:20 pm

There was nothing wrong with your tone. If anything, I should apologise for sounding too snappy. I didn't mean to, but I've been a bit stressed today. :)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Not a problem...I just thought I came off heavy-handed with that "Coincidence? I think not" gag...just trying to be funny. Heck...if I was Matt, and had the opportunity to go back to a good idea that worked, I would. I recently had to change a character's name because it was far to similar to a 1960's cartoon character...everyone could see this but me. I just picked the last name at random because it sounded "White and nerdy" enough for the character. I do love this coincidence thing, as many of these Simpson episodes are still new to me. And as for stress, I've been doing pretty good in that department...my wife has got her hands full with her mother in the nursing home, though. Good luck to you.
David Bowie