Questions about the new board

Technical questions, problems and any bug reports must be posted here.
Des Frink
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Questions about the new board

Post by Des Frink » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:34 am

I had to re-register for this board. Does that mean I can't use the old account here? And will I have to start my post count all over again? I will if I have to. What about the chat, I see people in there but can't get in. Just worried about everything that's going on. :-\ :'(

Des

gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re:Questions about the new board

Post by gkscotty » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:04 am

Your old username still exists Des, it is Des_Frink
If you have forgotton your password, I think there is a password recovery feature, though I havn't had time to check it out yet.

As for chat, what do you mean you can't get in? The chatroom is completely seperate from the board. What happens when you try to get in?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Des Frink
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Des Frink » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:54 am

No I haven't forgotten my password, and I'm still logged in at the old board as Des Frink. I signed on here with the same password, I hope that won't be a prob, but I did have to use a different email since it did recognize it for my old account. As for the chat it says #sfwc No such channel.

Des

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:40 am

There was a slight problem with some of the chat servers last night. If you can't get in properly, try selecting a different server from the list , where it says "irc.ircjunkie.net".

Also, your username still exists here, so you didn't need to sign up with a new one. Try Des_Frink and your old password. If that doesn't work click on the "forgot password?" linlk at the bottom of the login page. If that doesn't work, we can reset your password for you.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Des_Frink
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Des_Frink » Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:04 pm

Thank you Graham. Glad my account still works, as you see I was able to get back in.

Des

Des_Frink
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Des_Frink » Sat May 10, 2003 9:40 pm

I went into my profile to try and edit my sig and it said current name already in use by another user. What the? Yeah by me. I tried several times but it refused to save my changes. What can I do about this? I did put my password in, so I don't know what the problem is. I haven't forgotten it.