I can't post my picture!

Technical questions, problems and any bug reports must be posted here.
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

I can't post my picture!

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Fri May 21, 2004 6:12 pm

Well I was changing my profile and after that, my picture didn't shown, it just show the white box with the red x in it. Is there a way to show my picture in my profile ???? Please.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re:I can't post my picture!

Post by gkscotty » Fri May 21, 2004 6:25 pm

Where is the picture stored online?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
BOsin_In_2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by BOsin_In_2 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:26 pm

I have the same sort of problem! I guess i need to store the pic online for the profile thing... But, every time i go to post a regular picture in a post, the red x in a box pops up. So, i took the advice and tried to attach it. It doesn't load... Do i need to store the same thing online too? Help Wanted.
"Have you seen my daughter, Cheryl? Short...black hair... Just turned seven?"
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:28 pm

what exactly is the filename of the picture you are trying to post?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
BOsin_In_2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by BOsin_In_2 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:29 pm

Well, that's the thing. I didn't save it to online yet... which would probably help, eh?
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:56 pm

I think he means tell him the name of the file as it appears on your computer's hard drive, *before* you upload it. That way he can look for it online, too.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
BOsin_In_2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by BOsin_In_2 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:59 pm

AH okay, i hope i can get the jist of this.....
C:\Documents and Settings\Alanna\My Documents\My Pictures\Johnny.gif is for the post

C:\Documents and Settings\Alanna\My Documents\My Pictures\AndrewSamp.gif is for my icon... which i can't see either

Onew last question........how DO you save it to AOL--er, online?!?! How is it so hard?! I'm either simple-minded, or i just plain can't figure this out.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:10 pm

you can upload pictures to our server.

Try uploading your avatar to this thread.

In your next post, find the "Attach" box under the post thing and click Browse. Find your file on your hard drive, and click OK.

Then click Post. You may have to wait a while as the file uploads, depending on how big the picture is. Once it finished uploading the picture should appear in the thread. then you can right-click on it and select "Properties" to find out where it's been uploaded to.

Chain Chomp
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee
Location: Bristol, England, Uk, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way

Post by Chain Chomp » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:54 am

After your pics name does it have sny of these
txt,jpg,gif,pdf,mpg,png,doc,rtf,zip,mid
or is it any of those type and is it under 1024kb (1.024mb)