Unable to Edit Files In Collection?

Technical questions, problems and any bug reports must be posted here.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Unable to Edit Files In Collection?

Post by missy_misery » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:22 am

I've been making some minor edits in my old fics and went to delete an older version of a chapter -specifically Delicious Surprise, Part 22.  Two problems popped up: I can't directly access the "edit" feature on my collections - I'm informed that I don't have permission to access that feature.  I got around that by clicking on the direct link to my collections.  Turns out I can't get any of my files in any of my collections past chapter 12 to show up, while they're all showing up on the archive.

What'm I doing wrong?  I've already got the improved version of chapter 22 up in the collection, so I just wanna clip out the old version of the chapter :)
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Unable to Edit Files In Collection?

Post by archonix » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:51 am

You aren't doing anything wrong, it's probably Yet Another Bug...
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:00 pm

Aww crap!  Lemme know when/if it gets fixed and I'll go in and edit it on out...

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:24 pm

I'll take a look at it this weekend.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:38 pm

Thanks Graham!

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:12 pm

Welp, the editing problem was a permissions problem rather than a bug, which just goes to show at least some of this boondoggle is working right.

I'll look at that paging problem. I've noticed a few other problems in other areas as well that might be related.

edit: in fact I believe I may have just fixed it.
Last edited by archonix on Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:10 pm

Thanks, Graham!  Will check it out tommorrow!