Comments and suggestions wanted

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
capadde
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Comments and suggestions wanted

Post by capadde » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:46 am

What things are good/bad about this sketch? What needs to be improved? I think something's wrong with the mirror image compared to the real Lisa, but I don't know what.
How do I go on from here? More details, clothes, etc?
Attachments
dress.jpg
What would you do if you found an angel on your balcony?
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re:Comments and suggestions wanted

Post by gkscotty » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:15 pm

First off, good pic so far.

I'm not sure, but I think part of it could be Lisa's positioning. If you look at the positions of her and the reflection's feet, they don't seem to quite line up. Lisa should be a bit more to the left.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Andreas » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:51 pm

I agree with Scotty, her mirror image look like she's standing on tiptoe. In addition, I think the lower part of her dress should be wider, or the chest part more tight - chose what you like more.

Nonetheless a cute pic. :)
Andreas

gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:03 pm

Just noticed something - Mirror image Lisa's left arm is in FRONT of her. It should be behind her.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
skajme
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by skajme » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:53 pm

thats a nice pic right there...but the reflection of lisa should be further back than that. at the moment it looks kinda like a big poster of her on the wall, you want her feet on the mirror to be the same distance as the real ones from the bottom of the mirror, also what andreas said about the body, very nice picture though
Space. It seems to go on and on forever.
But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

www.skajme.deviantart.com
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:57 pm

Gonna nitpick the feet as well ;). The distance between the surface of the mirror and Lisa's feet should be the same for both Lisa and her mirror image. In your picture, the mirror image of Lisa's feet is much closer to the mirror than Lisa's actual feet.

EDIT: Gaah, Skajme beat me to it! Well, just underlines the point. Move Lisa's image back a bit.

Also, just noticed, there's a lot of empty space on either side of the pic. Try cropping the wall to the left of the mirror, and the door with the "Jazz" poster on it, and see how it looks (not sure it's guaranteed to be an improvement, but it might).
Last edited by D.B. on Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
capadde
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by capadde » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:13 am

Anime Freak Scotty wrote: Just noticed something - Mirror image Lisa's left arm is in FRONT of her. It should be behind her.
Well, actually, it's on her side. You see half the hand in the mirror, and the other half on the real Lisa.

I'll do some changes and post an updated pic later.

Thanks for your comments! :)
What would you do if you found an angel on your balcony?
Chain Chomp
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee
Location: Bristol, England, Uk, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way

Post by Chain Chomp » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:39 am

its good but on the real lisa's nose seems a bit thin and long

and the legs seem a bit long but its still good
Last edited by Chain Chomp on Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:08 pm

I aggree with the mirror reflection should be further back. It's a good pic overwise. I think it would look more like lisa if the spikeys were more big and fat. I think you've done 8 spikes I didn't look properly at it but I think there should be fewer cutted edges on the dress. Apart from that I like the pic. It's a nice setting. ;)
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you