lions

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor

lions

Post by Tigersrock144 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:50 pm

I am going through my lion king phrase again!! Meaning I havn't drawn anything Simpsons for months! :( But I feel as though I am getting better at computer art by practising with lions since they are my speciality and have been drawing Simba's since the age of 5. I drew this one straight from the computer 'cos I couldn't get hold of a scanner at the time so the proportion is a bit wonkey. I was wondering on how to improove this pic in some way. Mostly the background because I have forgotten the use of a gradient fill button for the sky...:(....

EDIT: Sorry the pic is a little smaller than it should of been.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Neodium
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Re:lions

Post by Neodium » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:24 am

I drew this one straight from the computer
Actually, it doesn't look like it. That's a good sign, at least from my point of view :)

I think you could do something about those trees in the background... the brushes are a bit too noticeable.
Both right legs look weird, as if they were not properly connected to the rest of the body, and the left front(?) leg is too thick, but those must be the results of drawing with a mouse, I guess :P

The rock looks flat when compared to the rest of the background. The sky, save for a couple small details that I can't point out (the clouds look too rough?), looks great, just like the rest of the picture.

So, that's it for now, I guess. The pic is great. BTW, if you're going to use gradients, be careful! Too many of them, and there goes your beautiful work! :)
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:15 am

thnx. I actually used a tablet and when trying to fill those small gaps up it made the outer lines a little wobbilyer than it should of been. I am coming round that prob now and is still practising. If you didn't know it is supposed to be a young scar cub on pride rock. Maybe that's why it looks a little flat 'cos I am rubbish at layers and not good at vanishing points and perspective and stuff like that. Thanks for the points XD really helps alot ;)
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:29 am

woah, thnx for the coments/critics and the links! XD. I will be adding them to my favs to have a look later 'cos I have to go out in a sec, thanks!XD
Thank you
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:36 pm

last pic of lions for now, this one took a while and I am quite pleazed at how it turned out. I used alot of reference of proper disney pictures though... Critics and comments welcome. Note to self:I MUST DRAW MORE SIMPSON ART!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:07 pm

Wonderful picture. Nothing to add :)
Hellfish
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Hellfish » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:48 pm

First Pic: Yeah, the perspective issue. Beautiful background though. :)

Second Pic: Nala looks GREAT! Kiara looks good too, but a bit too muscular.

Hows the GIMP working out,btw?
And what's the deal with traffic theory?
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:21 pm

thnx!
and about gimp, I am getting the hang of it :) and I seem to improove with each pic but the one of Nala and Kiara abouve was just done on photoshop since I had it open at the time anyway. Thnx all for critics and comments XD
The only prob with gimp I am having is still trying to make the lines less wobbily so I've been experimenting with gimp.
Thank you