this will make no sense...

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

this will make no sense...

Post by D.B. » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:05 am

..unless you were in chat yesterday, or a couple of days prior. basically, Serge brought up soome translation stuff, blah blah blah, and somewhere along the line Alex quoted marco saying the cutest possible Lisa pic was her wearing glasses. I found this an interesting idea, and went off to test it. Here's the results...
Last edited by D.B. on Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Neodium
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Re:this will make no sense...

Post by Neodium » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:27 am

Is that... Flanders' lost daughter?

Anyway... the pic is great and I shouldn't be criticizing it, but I just wanted to say something. (And excuse my english, yadda yadda, hope you understand what I'm trying to say):

The neck is too long, the last spike's too low, the books are too big (and their perspective might be a bit off), thus making her left arm come out a bit weird (it goes through the books!) and the overbite is too small (al least to my own personal taste, so you can ignore this one :P) BUT she looks very, very cute, doesn't she? Unfortunately, I'll have to disagree on the "cutest possible" part, but I don't want to start a fight, so I'll shut up :)

Since it was just a "test" you might want to ignore everything I said above. Great work! Don't do it again or I'll cut your hands off I'm looking forward to more of these!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:03 am

For the last time: Lisa needs glasses!

You know what I think, Pat. As usual, excellent work, and very cute indeed. I like the Milhouse-styled glasses. Neodium has a point about her left arm, though.

Wonderful picture! For nerds everywhere.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:07 pm

...the last spike's too low...
*goes and checks* So it is. Damn spikes, still foolin' me after al this time...
...the books are too big (and their perspective might be a bit off), thus making her left arm come out a bit weird (it goes through the books!)...
Yeah, I saw that just after finishing it. My theory was - to hell with it! :) But I'll remember for next time.

The neck is too long... and the overbite is too small
Hmm, now, marco commented on Lisa's lower lip not being big enough (it should be a little 'fatter', without the line continuing into her neck, if I remember correctly). I find myself wondering if this was fixed, and her overbite made a little bigger, would this solve the probelms with the neck? He ear's a little high too, now I look at it, which doesn't help matters.
BUT she looks very, very cute, doesn't she? Unfortunately, I'll have to disagree on the "cutest possible" part, but I don't want to start a fight, so I'll shut up :)
Ahh, are you one of these people who subscibes to the cutest-playing-baseball theory then? ;)
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Hellfish
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Hellfish » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:12 pm

The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this pic was: "It's a future vision! One where Lisa once again meets Thelonius, marries him, and they raise a cute little daughter."
Can't really add anything constructive so I'll just throw in my 2 cents on the cuteness issue: I think she looks cuter without the glasses.
And what's the deal with traffic theory?
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Andreas » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:36 pm

Well, lisa looks always cute, no matter what she's wearing. :) But I have to admit she never looked smarter than in this picture!
Andreas

Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:10 am

I think she looks cuter without the glasses.
Exactly my point of view. I think this pic is very nice and greatly drawn, but Milhouse needs his glasses more. ;D
Andreas

Post by Andreas » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:49 am

cuteswan wrote: though I've always pictured Lisa with tiny (John) Lennon-style specs instead of the big lenses: the ones her dream-self were wearing while writing memoirs, if I remember correctly.
Hey, yes, you're right, that were my thoughts, too. Those large glasses are more of a "Milhouse thing", but small ones would make her [even] cute[er] and smart[er]-looking. :) Just think of the sunglasses she's wearing in "The Summer of 4 Ft. 2".
Last edited by Andreas on Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andreas