A saucerful of Cargos Art

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
KANG
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: A saucerful of KANG´s Art

Post by KANG » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:44 pm

Okay, I see, there is only one way to get you posting something in this thread... -_-
Putting Lisa on a pic!!!

And this one I doodled today, it´s very messy, but it´s mine... I mean it is in work!  :lisa:
Attachments
bestfriends_volta_lisa.jpg
KANG

Post by KANG » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:55 pm

Okay, one last try... after this time without any answer I want this thread closed....

A scribble of Martina (the girl on page one) in different drawing styls. btw "Ansi" is a german Simpsons/FG/Ducks/Anime Artist...
Attachments
martimartimarti.gif
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:45 pm

Kang, I think part of the problem here is that, as far as I know, there are no other Starlight Express fans on this board apart from you and Stephanie. Heck, I didn't even know the characters were meant to be trains in human form until I was told :-\ . Or to consider the converse - if you were to post Simpson fanart on a small Starlight Express board, which had no other members who had ever seen the show, it's probablky unlikely it would get a huge number of replies is it?

Your last three pics are all up to your usual techincal standard . Some great reflections in the eyes of that coloured one, and some nice shading. Plus you remembered to make the highlight on his shoulder pads more metalic than the clothing, so kudos for that.

The one with Lisa in.. I dunno why she's there exaclty. Probably just enjoying rollerskating around, and wondering why that guy next to her has so many fingers ;D. I think her legs look a little too long, but that might be just the way she's posed.

The last one is probably my favourite. Including the Gorillaz version was a nice touch. It's neat the way you managed to draw what is clearly the same character in so many styles..wish I could do that  :'( . In fact the only one I don't like is the Ducktina one, because quite frankly it freaks me out ;)
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
KANG

Post by KANG » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:44 pm

Well, very great thanks, you two for the replies! I am very honored!  :)

But, D.B. Volta is not a guy she´s a sensible women and I am now really wondering why someone could think she´s not female... have I drawn her that bad?
Additional, Lisas is together with her, bacuse their characters fits together, they both could be best friends.  :) :lisa:

And about the fact, that the drawings are based on other stuff like Simpsons don´t mean that nobody can post something. I think you people like Anime very much and I wanna present you my pieces of Anime art here. Also there are other offtopic art threads and there are a much more amound of replies... I really cannot see the real reson *looks at my metarank* ... mybe people dislike me here!  :-\

Tell me if you want to see more... I let you choose: "Two opscene women" or "Volta, Volta for the land"...

EDIT:    WOW, it is soooo hard to choose, rigth?!?
Last edited by KANG on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casper
Senior Technical Supervisor
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:02 pm

***Late reply! Late reply!****

I chose "Volta, Volta for the land"

***Who am I! Who am I! Pink turkey mushrooms! Pink turkey mushrooms!***
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:35 am

I'll go Volta too.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
KANG

Post by KANG » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:27 pm

Fine, here goes the pic!  ;D

I am wondering if I should color this...

D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:38 pm

To be honest, I don't think it needs colour - the pencil shading's wicked enough :D
Last edited by D.B. on Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sydney Brenner
djwhitaker2004

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:21 pm

Those are great pics. Best pics I like is the second, she pretty, and your last pic, like her coustum.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
KANG

Post by KANG » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:38 pm

Thank you guys!  :)

Here is another one I did for my father last week. Don´t think I am listening to that music, too! But I just wanted to do a surprise for him, a little...
Attachments
nightwish.jpg
Maudie
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Maudie » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:04 pm

*harrrrr* That's a really sexy girly!! I love the details in it and on her hair! And nice shadings!!!  :D