The Flower Girl

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

The Flower Girl

Post by Ekko » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:08 am

Since I'm in a Final Fantasy kinda' mood today, I thought of doing an actual anime. Despite the simplistic look, this thing took me a good three hours, and I have no heart now to spend another three shading it. I hope you like it...

EDIT: Fixed an arm issue. Maybe it's a little more acceptable.
Attachments
Flower Girl.jpg
Last edited by Ekko on Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
Matias

Re: The Flower Girl

Post by Matias » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:11 am

Thats good! I hate it but is realy good! You caputerd the anime look brilliantly. All the feature's are all good, long hair, big breasts, sway clothes, yep, thats anime!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:45 am

It's Aeris! *runs her through with katana* Er, sorry.

Stupidity aside, wow. I seriously can't find anything to nitpick on in this picture. The only thing would be that her hair looks a bit more tousled than usual, but it's an artist's interpretation. Actually, I find her quite nice-looking and sympathetic, even though I'm not an Aeris fan. Very good work indeed.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Marco

Post by Marco » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:11 am

Matias wrote: All the feature's are all good, long hair, big breasts, sway clothes, yep, thats anime!
Oh, god, i am getting an headache. I'm not a mod but i ask everyone NOT to take this thread as an occasion to point out how much they hate anime and how much anime is all about stereotypes like blah blah blah. It's a personal favor i ask you, I feel really really not nice today and i don't have time to write a rant.

As for Aeris, or Aerith i never knew, her body and clothes are very close to original. Her right hand needs a bit more knuckles. Now, the face... te hair should look lees loose if you wanted to be close to the original, but like this it gives kind of a "tired" look that i find kinda funny, mixed with her expression.
the shape of the face is good, but her nose and mouth should be shifted up a little. I noticed that many "cutegirl" characters with big eyes as this one, have the point o fthe nose that coincides with the lower part of the eye (vertically speaking). Not to the levels of "Air" (search for some screenshots to see what i mean) but not that down either.
The eyes, well, after all eyes are too a personal style matter. I'll just say i like more when eyes are wider than taller, and more angled (as in, straight lines instead of curvy ones for eyelid).

Said this, its a very nice picture, and i wish you'd try more of this.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:24 am

SimpReal wrote:
Matias wrote: All the feature's are all good, long hair, big breasts, sway clothes, yep, thats anime!
Oh, god, i am getting an headache. I'm not a mod but i ask everyone NOT to take this thread as an occasion to point out how much they hate anime and how much anime is all about stereotypes like blah blah blah. It's a personal favor i ask you, I feel really really not nice today and i don't have time to write a rant.
And now it's official.

Besides, her breasts aren't that big. Chris's are bigger.

Anyway... Marco pretty much covered everything else I was thinking about saying so I'll just stick with the good stuff. Good pic. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:43 am

Graham, you are aware that you just compared Chris to Aeris? ;)

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:25 am

Dark Mage wrote: Graham, you are aware that you just compared Chris to Aeris? ;)
I would take that as a compliment, especially considering Chris (is it okay if I call you that?) won. :)

In the sake of online encouragement, maybe it would have been a good idea to draw another anime. So, at 1:09 AM, I did. This one of Maggie. (Who was a flower girl at her big sister's wedding, thus it falls under the same thread) I know the expression is recycled, but my ability in this field is very limited.
Attachments
Anime Maggagie.jpg
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
Matias

Post by Matias » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:12 am

Thats cool... The face does seem a bit to much like the first on though. But I have no complaints. It's generaly an exelent drawing.

(Marco.... Ooooo..... No, better not say anything nasty... But if Ekko did'nt like what I said, I think he'd be the one to moan about it, not you. Let's not take this further on this thread.)
Last edited by Matias on Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.