Fairly OddParents pics by TS

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: Fairly OddParents pics by TS

Post by Andreas » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:37 pm

Dagdamor wrote: Man, you make me want to see those series after all. :D
Hehe, same here. ;) But actually, Tommy's Trixie's and Veronica's are much cuter than in the show itself. The latest Veronica pic is really enchanting. :)
Andreas

tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:10 pm

Thanks Serge and Andreas.

A new one, requested by someone at deviant.com.
Nice one plot-wise, I think... one could write a complete movie script around it. Black Widow Trixie...
Attachments
ts306s.jpg
cuteswan

Post by cuteswan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:21 pm

I'm starting to feel a bit nervous for Tootie right about now.  You did an outstanding job with the new hairstyle, being softer and so curly without being overly frizzy.  Though, it looks a little odd that it's completely off of her ear.  (If anything, I'd expect her hair to be pushed aside more on the side of her head where she's holding the phone, but it actually looks like it's filled in a bit more, from what we can see.)  There seems to be a broken curve where her right pinky meets her hand, too, but that might just be something to do with the way she's holding the phone (not really pressing with the pinky ...).

The only other (and extremely minor) nitpick is that phone books in the U.S. use "perfect" binding (with all pages glued flat to the spine -- it's the cheapest way to make them) and the one she's using looks like leaf (hence the opening between the spine and the spine cover and the page edges being uneven).

For "just jeans and a turtleneck," the clothing is excellent and well detailed, as usual, and the fold lines and shading for them and the couch and pillow are perfect.  Her face is also terrific, a little sharper, (which is a great contrast with the hair, the sweater, etc.) and the extra detail around her eyes give her a hint of a Betty Davis' scheming look.  The pose is also laid out extremely well, sitting comfortably on the couch but a bit curled up, her free hand fidgeting a bit over the phone book (which is still open so that she can look up someone else if Timmy isn't interested), and her toes curled against the couch, showing just a bit of tension.

The plot is excellent, though a slightly more-subtle last line might work better to ease Timmy into her web. :)
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:50 pm

cuteswan wrote: I'm starting to feel a bit nervous for Tootie right about now.
Hehe - I got a comment on another site saying "Tootie will kick her ass!". No, she won't. Remember, Trixie has already murdered her husband and cunningly made it look like an accident - she won't have any problem getting rid of a simple naive gal like Tootie...
Ok, I admit - I made this partially to piss off all those Tootie-worshippers  ;)

Here's another new Trixie - with a completely different theme. No evil scheming bitch, but a fun-loving young cheerleader...
Possible accompanying dialogue:

Coach 1: "Dammit, she's rooting for the wrong team again. SIT DOWN, TRIXIE!"
Coach 2: "Aww, who cares. Just look at her, she's cute as hell. GO TRIXIE, GO!"

:)
Attachments
ts313s.jpg
cuteswan

Post by cuteswan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:28 am

The first thing I notice is her expression: she's just truly happy and excited (or she has me completely fooled).  I'd offer money (if I had any) to see Lisa that happy. ;)  Apart from that, the details are outstanding, from the reflexive curling of her feet to the strands on her pompoms.

Trixie's anatomy is very well designed and athletic; also, because I just did a somewhat-involved practice sketch today, I love the effectiveness of a few detail lines (e.g. ankle bone, wrists and tendons, knee bend, underarm fold, navel, etc.).  Then, to top it all off, you have the beautiful shading.  It would be interesting to see how her hair looked on the way down from her zenith, but she probably uses a lot of hairspray to keep it so perfect.

Anyway, maybe she's not cheering for either team: she might be cheering you for making her look so good. :)
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:35 pm

Had a nice idea yesterday... Remember the "banned" Levis jeans commercial (only aired in Japan, but leaked on the Net) with Jennifer Love Hewitt? If not, google for it, it's good
It inspired me to do a pic with Trixie Tang (who else?) showing us her nice backside, clad in tight, butt-hugging Levi's...
Attachments
ts321s.jpg
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:11 pm

I must say that she looks very cute. :)
Nice picture - and well-drawn, as usual. I'm starting to get used to cartoony faces combined with realistic bodies.
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:20 am

Two new pics: "Cute Tootie" and the color version of "Cheerleader Trixie"
Attachments
ts313.jpg
ts324s.jpg
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:07 am

I don't know what you're doing.  :-\ Are you getting paid by someone from these cartoons, cause I do want to see them now; sadly they don't show them here in Mexico.  You are making me want to see this cartoon just with your art.  Do you know where to get them from?  My favorite: Trixie.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:29 pm

Getting paid? Heh, I wish... But the show's worth searching for on the net and there's always emule or IRC if you want to try an episode.

New FOP stuff! Today I was watching the "Catman meets the Crimson Chin" ep - and when I saw Timmy in the cute kitty sidekick costume, I couldn't help thinking that Trixie would look way better in that outfit...
So I hereby present Catman's newest sidekick(ess): Trixiekitty!
Warning, guys: this feline cutie may look adorable, but beware - she can scratch...
Attachments
ts329.jpg
Marco

Post by Marco » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:58 pm

Meow.
cuteswan

Post by cuteswan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:46 pm

I took your advice and downloaded the episode last night.  Your version is much cuter than the one in the show, even if Timmy was wearing it (but that's not a request or anything).  Her hair looks a bit odd: the rounded corners on the bottom make it look like one object, and it's coming out too high on the back of her head (as if in a high ponytail).  Of course, I can't complain too much because the shape of the hood interferes with the back of her head's normal shape.  Her hair's sheen from the lighting you chose works perfectly with the highlighting and gives the picture a glowing "revelation" mood.

I like the "waving kitten" pose, even if she's smiling because she's looking forward to sharpening her claws on someone.  Maybe someone should give her a collar with a bell so folk's will know when she's sneaking up.  Hey, if this helps her get in touch with her aggressive and playful side then it's all good.  It's just hard to look threatening when she's so cute. :)