Girl w/gun

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Girl w/gun

Post by Ekko » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:01 pm

What you'd normally expect in a badly scripted anime.
Attachments
Pistols at dawn.jpg
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: Girl w/gun

Post by Andreas » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:50 pm

Wow, those are some big b.... eh, Berettas! (*puts lexicon aside*)

No, really, they (not the guns) are somewhat exaggerated, and I think you should cut down with this constantly recurring theme a bit. Technically, your drawings are very well, but I think the folk gets a bit tired of it. No hard feelings, though, it's just that you're drawing such sweet pics of the Simpsons (esp. Lisa and Maggie), even the war-themed ones.  :)

Apart from that rant, I really like her head, nice work with the hairs. The arms look somewhat odd in that pose, and as said above, certain parts needs to be improved, proportional-wise.
Andreas

Hera_Potter
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by Hera_Potter » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:27 am

I don't mind so much the guns as the... ahem... "anatomical correctness".  >:(

I'm in kind of an irritable mood already, so I won't say anything else...
Retrospecticus: Immortalizing Your Awkward Phase
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:08 am

I understand completely.
Marco

Post by Marco » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:37 am

Hey, it's (another) Rushyuna's sister!
Don't worry, she doesnt kill anyone with those guns. The most she can do is trying to smother you in her huge chest by hugging... then again, she might be the evil twin. Hm, but i'm digressing.

You draw the hair and face nicely, maybe the arms need some work, and i strongly suggest you to use the mirror technique. Put yourself in front of a mirror, or better,  put one in front of your desk (those little bathroom mirrors works good enough) and try to understand how the articulations and bones work when you make a complex pose.
The body is as good as anime can be, really. There's always room for improvement, but you got it right. And you're making always good use of the dresses "dinamicity", like skirts and hair flowing or/and attaching to the body. They give a very strong idea of movement even if they have very subtle changes.

The bosom, well, it's big :P It's not my cup of tea really, first because it's the first thing that makes a red warning sign go off in my head (Danger: Shallow and sexed up anime. Dont watch when sober), second because i think it's more challenging and rewarding to try more realistic sizes. But it's personal preferences. Technically speaking, you did a good job.

And last, a humble request. Please please, go back drawing cute Lisa pics! :) With or without guns/other people, i dont care, but i want Ekko-Lisa back!
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:22 pm

SimpReal wrote: and i strongly suggest you to use the mirror technique.
Are you sure that'd work? I mean the character and I don't really have the same...err...parts. :P
And last, a humble request. Please please, go back drawing cute Lisa pics! :) With or without guns/other people, i dont care, but i want Ekko-Lisa back!
But you were the one who encouraged me to try new things. I did try new things! Now you just confused me with conflicting demands...
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:59 pm

Hey, you didn't try new things actually :) Characters are still showing their feminity and aggressiveness.
You just replaced Simpsons with anime ;D

Kidding, of course I'm kidding. This picture is nicely drawn *stares at the... uhm, twins, for several minutes*, but I'll second Marco's opinion - boobs, even well-drawn, aren't the most important thing in the art ;) Your sweet little Lisa was much better for me.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:36 pm

Then what would you think if I cropped out Lisa's face and stuck it to her body up top? ;D

Okay then. Let me get to work on another Lisa pic. :)
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Grey Sketch

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:31 pm

Fellow gun girl!

Ahem... playing the Devil's advocate here, but I don't know why "animé" should automatically mean "big breasts". (Watch Haibane Renmei sometime. Or Azumanga Daioh. I really mean this.)

Anyway, her face looks good, and the dress is rather nicely shaded, but I agree with Marco: her arms do need something to be desired. The pose looks uncomfortable at best, and well, joints and such aren't easy.

Oh, and a healthy woman's breasts should be about 1/3 to 1/2 of that size. But you all knew I was going to say that.
Are you really gonna take it like that?
Riding on the missile with a cowboy hat?

Oh, well the world is gonna end
So dance around the fire that we once believed in
Oh, wanna tear it down again, now
'Cause there's nothing left for us to bleed
Give it up, the sons of anarchy
So come around and have another round on me!

DANCE, F***ER, DANCE, LET THE MOTHERF***ER BURN!

-- The Offspring, "Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Bomb to Hell"
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:38 pm

Immaterial wrote: Oh, and a healthy woman's breasts should be about 1/3 to 1/2 of that size. But you all knew I was going to say that.
Well I guess she's not a very healthy woman then.

I'm still a newborn to anime and have much to learn. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Archonix » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:51 am

There's only one thing I'm going to add, and that is this: she's apparently trying to shoot her right-hand gun with her pinkie finger or she has two left hands. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:32 am

You need to work on her dress, because her top of her dress kinda look like she wearing a bra, and her right arm as well. But you did great drawing her face, hair, and her boob-- damn I shouldn't say that.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.