Fresh start

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Fresh start

Post by Ekko » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:21 am

Hello.

As you might have noticed, I've put Simpsonic art on hiatus for the time being and have worked more towards improving my Shoujo manga style. Of course, I'm still new to this and have to focus on my baby steps; however, this is not going to be a temporary thing. Don't expect another Simpson picture for a long time. I hope this doesn't anger you.

To start off, here's a picture of a female head. I'm not to pleased with it, but it's a step in the right direction.
Attachments
Anime test_1.jpg
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Fresh start

Post by archonix » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:48 am

That's pretty good. I can see a little mistake on the right eye but, overall, firm lineart, well proportioned, nice reflections in the eyes. Pretty good. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:42 pm

looks cool, better than my anime stuff :)
The eyes lok a lil too dark to me but hey, looks cool as a style :D
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Marco

Post by Marco » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:06 pm

Straight lines and cute anime don't mix too much... Curve, curve, smoothe, smoothe! THe mouth especially, the shape is ok, but try not to make it look like something out of south park :o
The ears are too high up, too.

This the only stuff i'd change. I like the eyes, maybe some stronger shading in the middle for the pupil, and those pigtails are kyoote. Keep it up!