Under the palm tree..

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
C.Victoria

Under the palm tree..

Post by C.Victoria » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:22 pm

A picture I did back in February, which I still like very, very much. <3 It was my first completed picture using Corel Painter 8. The entire thing was airbrushed.

Only thing I dislike about it is the border...hrrm.
Attachments
Palm.jpg
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: Under the palm tree..

Post by Andreas » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:31 pm

*thud*

Eh, sorry, I can't comment on that now, I have to look for my jaw, which just has dropped onto the floor. *crawls around unter the desk*

Seriously, that's an amazing piece of art. The palm leaves, the reflection of the sunlight, the green hair of - mhh, dunno who or what he/she is - and even the structure in the sand. I know you can do some great things with painter (I airbrushed my avatar with it), but I couldn't imagine you can do it that good.  :)
Andreas

D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:52 pm

Hot damn girl - once upon a time stuff like this would have been used as evidence that the creator was some kind of witch with suprenatural powers :D.  I love the way you use slightly warmer greens on the plants to diffrentiate from the cooler ones used on the figure. And the trunk of the tree is genius - one of those things where I think I can see how you've done parts of it, but know I could never replicate it in a million year. You've ever right to like it very very much.

And to be honest, i don't think anyone will even notice the border.  :)
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
KANG
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by KANG » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:33 pm

Wow, cute. A nice piece of art!  ;)
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:39 am

D.B. wrote: Hot damn girl
U better be because she hot and she can draw hot pics. I like it :), it look like this art is real life.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:45 pm

Well, that palm tree gotta be about the most realistically rendered specimen of vegetable life that's ever been posted here. Every detail looks perfect and no effect is overdone. Stunning, absolutely stunning.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Grey Sketch

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:29 pm

I could stare at this picture for minutes at an end. Then I think: "Why don't you sell your art? A lot of people would pay to have something like that on their wall!"

I can't say anything more specific than that. The palm tree is simple, yet it looks wonderfully luscious, and the... creature... is sweet. Excellent lighting as well. You're evidently as good with original art as you are with Simpsons fanart.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you really gonna take it like that?
Riding on the missile with a cowboy hat?

Oh, well the world is gonna end
So dance around the fire that we once believed in
Oh, wanna tear it down again, now
'Cause there's nothing left for us to bleed
Give it up, the sons of anarchy
So come around and have another round on me!

DANCE, F***ER, DANCE, LET THE MOTHERF***ER BURN!

-- The Offspring, "Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Bomb to Hell"