Sketch Practice With Two Pretty Models

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
cuteswan

Sketch Practice With Two Pretty Models

Post by cuteswan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:26 pm

Removed.
Last edited by cuteswan on Tue May 16, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Sketch Practice With Two Pretty Models

Post by Archonix » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:02 pm

Ok, first impression, these are excellent. The swan is especially good, and I love the pose. In fact, it even looks a bit cute... :)

But... :)

If you're after pointers,  then with the first picture you might want to start with some study of the relationship between the various parts of the face. Currently her head is a teensy bit small, or her face a teensy bit large. There's also meant to be more skull above the face than you've got. Everything else is stuff you've already pointed out, so I don't think I need to go in to it. When it comes to perspective and foreshortening, you have to try and get away from the whole vanishing point idea, because that tends to distort pictures if used to extremes. You need to try and draw simplified shapes - do them on a seperate sheet if you want -  and remember to actually shorten the apparent length of limbs. The size of her feet would suggest that her legs need to be angled more toward the viewer, and "shorter" when measured from top to bottom. If you catch my drift. :)

Other than that, they're great. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks