Tiger sketch

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor

Tiger sketch

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri May 05, 2006 9:21 pm

Lets just say i was VERY bored in English and because of that, this was the result, proberbly the most detailed picture of a tiger I've ever done.  Done completely in fine pencil and I edited it on photoshop so it was easier to see and so it was in a pretty colour ^^
enjoy...
Attachments
tiger fire wings.png
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Casper
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Re: Tiger sketch

Post by Casper » Fri May 05, 2006 10:02 pm

I'm just stunned. HOW?!

Thats such an impressive picture, it really is. These animal pictures are all so cool... its inspiring even.

I really hope you can show us more of this, its really good!
Awsome! :D
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Fri May 05, 2006 11:04 pm

All I can say is, excellent!

Alright, a little more. It's very stylised. I'm actually reminded of late dynastic chinese art in a lot of ways, especially by the slightly ephemeral shape of the wings and the fire.

I assume you've also read Blakes The Tyger at some point?
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Fri May 05, 2006 11:40 pm

Obviously, your hand and eye dare frame its fearful symmetry.

I'm not really capable of praising this picture like it deserves. I've always liked tigers, but this picture is in a league of its own. Like Graham says, it has a very stylised feel to it, the pattern on the fur, the wings... I'm stunned. The pose is nice as well. It looks like it's at the point of rolling over. The landscape is nice as well, and doesn't distract from the tiger.

If I have one complaint, it's that its face is a bit cartoonish, particularly the eyes and the nose (a bit big), which jars a little with the more serious fantasy feel of the rest of the drawing, but that's a style thing. This may well be my favourite among your drawings.

I'll urge your teacher to give you more boring lessons.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Sat May 06, 2006 10:07 am

Thanks everyone for the comments ^^  Yeah i've read the Tyger I remember thinking about that after I drew this but couldn't remember the whole poem so I decided to scrap writting the poem on it  :P

I tried my best on the landscape I think as this is also similar to something i'm working on for my art exam preperation sheets except it's more realistic ofcorse.
I think I shouldn't have used a TLK stylised face but I guess I've adapted the disney style over the years I don't always realise.  I didn't have a picture handy so I kind of used reference of a lion too but added stripes and a fluffy side mane thing :)

Thanks again everyone :)
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you