D.U.D.E.s In Space

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

D.U.D.E.s In Space

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Tue May 16, 2006 7:07 am

I fiiinally finished that picture of my TD characters in an old-school science fiction setting.  I'm really proud of how it came out, I think it's something I can put in my portfolio.  Since it's non-canon stuff I feel I can post it here.

Hope you find it as entertaining as I did while making it.  (Fairly large image, give it a moment.)
Attachments
TD_oldschool_scifi.jpg

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: D.U.D.E.s In Space

Post by c_nordlander » Tue May 16, 2006 7:35 am

FRY: The rings are cool!

This makes me feel nostalgic. What can I say? It's excellent, as far as I'm aware, the colouring and shiny effects are great, and you seem to have covered all the bases with the clichés. I particularly like Gunther's visor, as I said before, and it figures that Lucy should have a cyborg hand. Also the shiny metal soles. Sonya's outfit is a bit skimpier than I thought from the sketches, but nothing she wouldn't wear. (Certainly better than a metal bikini.)

You can tell that before the day is done, the guys are going to have to save Sonya from a giant octopus a couple of times, and they will have encountered a society of aliens who get dangerously addicted to the harmless Earth substance... tobacco.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Tue May 16, 2006 8:02 am

Everything about this is great, although Gunther's visor make his eyes look kind of weird to me (but I guess that's because I've always seen him with glasses) but by far Lucy is my favourite in this one.  His pose and expression just really appeals to me here.  And I was going to ask whether that was a metal gauntlet or robotic arm, but it does makes sense for Lucy to have a cyborg hand. :)

(Though, he could always wear the metal gauntlet and pretend to everyone that it's cybernetic... ;))

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Tue May 16, 2006 8:25 am

Heh, thanks guys!  I'm glad you like it.  And yeah, Lucy's got a metal/robotic arm here.  Something else for him to grump about, I guess.

It definitely makes me feel nostalgic as well.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Tue May 16, 2006 2:35 pm

*eeeek!*

Man, that's just friggin' amazing.  And is it wrong that I love mustachioed Dirk?  No.
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:35 pm

Very nice , Sheana!  ;)  Althought, I'm still wondering what is Lucy looking at, or is he always this hyperactive?

I can see that the light is coming from above, so I think I will nitpick some of those shadows.  Sonya's need a little bit of work. Her thigh is way to long only to cast that small shadow.  I know she is skiny as heck but that long thigh would have to cast a longer shadow under it, and it should not  be totally spheric but longer like the other characters are.

Everything else seems fine to me.  You know, Sheana,  you have great imagination.  My favorite character is Gunter by far, then I think Dirk comes second.

Cheers, and I hope everything goes well with your pitching on this idea.  :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 16, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Itchy
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Itchy » Tue May 16, 2006 6:48 pm

Nice work on the colors and lines. Funny character as well.
Extreme Itchy and Scratchy now with 29% more pointless violence than before.