Some scary people...

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
KANG
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Some scary people...

Post by KANG » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:34 pm

Hi there, I am back for good, with some gorillaz Fanart for you. I also want to draw some Simpsons pictures again, I just need inspiration...

Enjoy!  :)

Edit: That pic was old. See the new version down there... :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor

Re: Some scary people...

Post by Tigersrock144 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:23 pm

hehe, I know what thats like, I've only just began to get inspired to do Simpson art again, anyway, this looks great :D I love the Gorillaz style and you've drawn it well here :)
I'm no good with crit so I guess I'ld have to leave that to others :-/
Just what I like about this pic is it's clear and smooth :D, awsome job :)
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:04 pm

Whoa, this looks scary and impressive at the same time.
I have only one complaint though: very noticeable JPEG artifacts. Posting the image with better quality would be nice. :)
Aside from that, great job.

Re: inspiration problem - this can be arranged! ^.^ What kind of inspiration do you need? *shows a wide choice of slightly used inspirations to Frank*
KANG

Post by KANG » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:00 am

Thank you, guys. There reason of the bad compression is, because I uploaded the pic on an Anime-Share-Server. Here you can find a larger and better version of the picture. Thanks for the comments. I just need a good name for the selfmade I did. And I will add Russel, Murdoc and a sixth character to this picture later.

And for the inspiration thingie - I choose the vanilla-tasty one :) I have no idea what to create. Maybe on picure of my Lisa With The Green Thumb-Works. I have a picture in mind: Lisa sitting on a rock crying and the tears dripping on the ground and there are flowers growing out of the tears-puddle... mmmh...

Please, gimme some ideas...  :-\
Itchy
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Itchy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:43 pm

Great pic, and what a coincident! I'm actually listening to "Clint Eastwood" right now.
Extreme Itchy and Scratchy now with 29% more pointless violence than before.
KANG

Post by KANG » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:54 pm

Added three characters to the scetch. Coloring follows soon... Enjoy!  :)

http://static.animexx.de/fanart02/fa2_f ... 52163.jpeg
KANG

Post by KANG » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:29 pm

Whohooo, no Gorillaz-Fans around here? See the new pictures and enjoy. Does anyone has the first Album?  :)
Maybe you know the songs.

This one is real large:
http://static.animexx.de/fanart02/fa2_f ... 58964.jpeg

And here goes Noodle:

http://static.animexx.de/fanart02/fa2_f ... 69729.jpeg

Letz Rock:

http://static.animexx.de/fanart02/fa2_f ... 80111.jpeg
Itchy
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Itchy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:14 pm

Very nice work on the coloring
KANG

Post by KANG » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:46 pm

It´s a pity nobody else cares...  :-\
Itchy
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Itchy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:45 pm

Yeah, I hope more people look at your art. The activity on this section of the forum is very low.
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:25 am

CargoOfDarkness
Nice work at coloring, though the people are indeed scary... ;)
Good job Frank, I can only sigh again about your decision to abandon the Simpsons canon.

P.S. The amount of replies is little, that's true. But to be honest, I don't remember you posting replies to others' art or fanfiction too often, either. So it looks fair somehow. :)
KANG

Post by KANG » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:08 pm

Dagdamor wrote: CargoOfDarkness
Good job Frank, I can only sigh again about your decision to abandon the Simpsons canon.
I want to do something, but it must be hilerious, fantastic and overwelming! I have so much ideas and I am not even satisfied with the scribbles... wanna be better than all the great Simpsons-artist before. Wanna do a masterpiece everyone here will enjoy... everyone...
Casper
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:05 pm

Ahmen to that.

Your art is awsome, never let anyone take that away from you. Gorrilaz isnt an easy style, you got it nailed ;)

And I'm looking forward to this grand master peice project... many a time have such dreams been sifting across my dazed skull. Good luck to ya!  :D
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:25 pm

CargoOfDarkness
Wanna do a masterpiece everyone here will enjoy... everyone...
LOL... I'd never believe that if I didn't see it myself.

Come on, man, this board is NOT for masterpieces, and nobody expects you to post them, and you will never earn a reputation of a masterpiece-creator, especially if you don't post your art here for a long time. Dunno about others, but I wait for a new pics from you because you have unique style, and unique vision of the show and its characters, not because your pictures are that good. Same with Marco, CCD and many other artists around. I like to see their pictures because it's always nice to share a piece of your fantasies with other like-minded persons.

It's impossible to create "a masterpiece that everyone will enjoy", simply because some of the people (me included) estimate pictures based on the impression they produce to them, and that almost doesn't correlate with the picture complexity or technical quality. It stands on the vague terms like picture originality, its mood, the treatment of the characters, the amount of feelings artist has put into the picture, etc.

If you want to impress people, you should draw for yourself, not for the others. Pictures drawn for yourself are always the best, because you know yourself better than anyone else, so you know how to please the viewer. :) Just don't tend to create "masterpieces", this is the wrong way imho. Remember that pictures that most of the people consider masterpieces today, are plain idiotic - a black square, or badly drawn bull... we shouldn't follow the general craziness, should we?
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:35 pm

Well, while I'm quite a big fan of Gorillaz' music, I haven't seen many of their videos, so it's a bit hard for me to tell how on model they are here.

The faces look good, though you may want to work on life drawing of such things as hands and limbs. (Always useful, even if you work in cartoonish genres.) The colouring of the first picture is very good.

The second picture is great, and fortunately, I've seen the video for "El Mañana", so I have an idea about the context. The video was heartbreaking, and so is the picture. I like Noodle. Her hands are pretty huge, though. (Again, I can't tell how on model this is.)

The final picture does some great effects with colouring, and I like the mood. It makes me feel like I'm actually in a forest at night, which is quite an experience. The girl has a beautiful face, but I can't help but feel that something is wrong with her upper body and right (her right) shoulder. That's a minor nitpick in such a beautiful picture, though.

I'm always happy to see Gorillaz fanart on this board, both yours and Skajme's. We need more of that.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.