Articles and columns.

We aren't limited to fanfic. Any writing that doesn't fit elsewhere can go here. Feel free to post poetry, stories, articles, ideas and any other fiction or non-fiction you wish.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Articles and columns.

Post by archonix » Tue May 25, 2004 12:48 pm

Hi again! Here's me up all hours of the day and night thinking about stuff. The chat last night brought up a few ideas that lead to this board appearing. One of them sprouted from an ancient idea I'd hade for the site, of having occasonal articles and columns about writing. There's a couple of people interested in writing short articles about writing to help the newbies, and more experienced, learn about how others handle their skills. I'm going to do a few, but this isn't just about me. At the moment there aren't going to be many article writers. A select few are going to start it off (all I can say is beware the quite ones...), but if you have any ideas for article subjects that you'd like to see covered, start posting here. After a while I'm sure it'll get rolling without any input being needed like this, but in the meantime... :)

Some of the articles will more than likely consist of a few mini-articles by more than one person, all covering a subject from different angles so you can get a much better idea of how the authors in question handle it. Some are no doubt going to be personal rants and raves about things. OThers... well, we'll see, won't we. ;D But like I say, stick some ideas for articles you'd like to see here. There might even be regular columns out of them if we're lucky.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks