Change of plans

We aren't limited to fanfic. Any writing that doesn't fit elsewhere can go here. Feel free to post poetry, stories, articles, ideas and any other fiction or non-fiction you wish.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Change of plans

Post by Ekko » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:41 am

Hey guys, I've been out for a while due to groundation, but I'm alive and well! Uhm, I regret to announce that the Simpspin story is put on hold, since I fear the story is going nowhere. On the plus side, I started work on an adventure novel that sounds intriguing, called...I have no idea. :-\ I only wrote part of the outline and I only want an opinion before I continue. Oh, it doesn't have anything to do with the Simpsons as oh yet, but I plan to leak in some features, what do you think so far?
Attachments
Cliff_Dash.doc
(32.5 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re:Change of plans

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:48 am

Not really my kind of genre (though I do have a soft spot for wilderness hiking, oh, and mysterious organisations interrogating and shooting people), but it doesn't look bad. Intriguing opening, and I can see quite a neat plot developing here. You seem to be doing your research as well, which is good. And well, it's always nice to find out how fellow writers work when starting a story. This looks workable.

I think it might work well as an original story, because I can't really see a Simpsonic element fitting into this plotline. That isn't a bad thing, though.

This might just be due to the great amount of detail in the beginning of the draft, but Cliff seems to make his entrance very late for being the main character. Still, hard to tell at this point.

Spell check: she dons her clothes, not "dawns". (I know this is only a synopsis, but just for future reference.)

Also, IMHO, judging from the sligthly science-fictional elements in the last paragraph, you might want to set it a further couple of years into the future, or just leave the year unspecified.

All in all, though, this sounds like an interesting and tense story. I'll certainly want to read it.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:05 pm

Yes, I am planning for it to be purely original, with a smidge of Simpsons involved. (Like somebody's last name would be ‘Simpson’, or there's a 'Marge' character in, stuff like that)

Judging by the Adventure books I’ve read, (Clive Cussler) the main character is not like a James Bond guy that rescues damsels in distress and can single handily take down the whole North Korean Army, but it's just a case of right place, right time. Judging by this, the right time was being late instead of early.

Spell check: Done! (Very surprised at myself for only making one blunder in all this so far)

As for the year, it is subject to change...

I'm glad the story got your attention, now all I must do is get farther than the 6th chapter before I get bored of it. ;)
Last edited by Ekko on Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
Hellfish
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Hellfish » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:51 pm

Well, you know what I think already, I just hope it the story starts cooperating with you soon. :)

OT: Have you read "The Transall Saga" by Gary Paulsen, Immaterial? It' s a great sci-fi, wilderness survival book.
And what's the deal with traffic theory?
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:04 pm

Afraid I haven't. There's a lot of stuff I need to read...
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.