Fanfic Help for a New Comer

We aren't limited to fanfic. Any writing that doesn't fit elsewhere can go here. Feel free to post poetry, stories, articles, ideas and any other fiction or non-fiction you wish.
Fionn
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Fanfic Help for a New Comer

Post by Fionn » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:14 am

:doh:How exactly do you post a fanfic on this site?  I'm kinduva newbie and don't quite know how.  Can you post long ones, or does it have to be short?  I'm sorry, its just that I'm used to fanfiction.net, but my stories just seemed to be neglected and unread there.
Hey you, out there in the cold,
Getting lonely, getting old,
Can you hear me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles,
With itching feet and fading smiles,
Can you feel me?
Hey You! Don\'t help them to bury the light.
Don\'t give in without a fight.

-\"Hey You\", by Pink Floyd
Dagdamor

Re: Fanfic Help for a New Comer

Post by Dagdamor » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:31 am

Heya!
Any size is allowed I guess.
Just post it in the "Simpsons Fanfics Reviews" (if the story is finished) or "Fanfic Opinions" (if it's unfinished) section as an attachment in DOC or RTF (or even TXT) format.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:00 pm

Ok, this will all be cleared up once and for all in a few days when I get my FAQ working again, but the simple rules go like this:

the forums are where you get in-depth reviews and help. As dagdamor said, you post anything that you're still working on, or that you want extensive critique for, in the Opinions board. If you think it's finished, post it in the Reviews board.

Now... there's a new element, just to confuse everyone; the site archives, which are currently a stand-alone sort of thing. You can post your fanfic in the archives as well as the forum and get more people viewing and commenting.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Lisalover1
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lisalover1 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:44 am

I had trouble getting my fanscript on, too, but thanks to an admin and a monitor, I got the script on!
I AM THE BLAZER! I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!