Okay this is bad. Actually worse than anything.

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Okay this is bad. Actually worse than anything.

Post by Nidotamer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Now I've got no laptop. I took it out with me today, the strap broke off the bag for no reason and, because I'm used to it being on a strap on me, I forgot to pick it up off the bus.

Nobody can find it. It's likely stolen.

I borrowed a friend's laptop (keyword: borrorwed) but until I can get a heap of money to get a new tablet and everything that was lost...

I swear my life is nothing more than a cruel joke...
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: Okay this is bad. Actually worse than anything.

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Oh man.

I wish I had anything to say, but... this just sucks. I'm glad you could borrow one for the time being, though.

Seriously, don't beat yourself up. I doubt there's one person in the world that this hasn't happened to at least once.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Very much hope you get it back, May.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:06 pm

There's... there's no point to hope. All it does is spit in my face. I'm completely fucked, I've got work that's due in tomorrow and guess where the drive with all the work was? That's right, that fucking bag!

I don't think I can take much more... it's too much...
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:27 pm

You've got our total empathy. Wish that was enough to get your comp back. :(
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Yeah. That sounds pretty damn painful :/
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:25 am

It's not that I'm superstitious or anything, but tragedies like that only exist so we can overcome them. And yes, you can overcome it. This isn't any motivational bullshit: it's just a fact of life. You'll sort it out. You have a legitimate reason to explain the loss of your work. That kind of thing happens often, and I'm pretty sure it's not enough to fuck up your life as hard as you're thinking. But I completely empathise with the complete frustration and helplessness of that situation, and how it can lead us into having depressing and hopeless thoughts. Just don't let that take you over. Things will be fine. You'll pull yourself back together, and looking back at this incident, you'll feel victorious.

Please, I don't mean to sound like a patronising, wiseass phony sage or something. All I have to share with you is my humble experience and my complete sympathy. Let your frustration flow freely, but don't let it choke you. All things must pass, as George Harrison used to sing. Stick around, we'll be with you.
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:06 am

Yes, you are strong, probably stronger than you think.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Fernie is a smart guy and way more eloquent than me.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett