Venture Brothers special: "All This and Gargantua II"

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Venture Brothers special: "All This and Gargantua II"

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Post your reviews and comments here!

First of all, love the title. (Glad they didn't go for "A Very Venture Space".) In fact, the whole episode is good. Maybe a bit too cluttered to be truly brilliant, but I enjoyed every second.

Now, since this episode was pretty much Shocking Twist Central, the rest of my scattered opinions will be placed under the spoiler tag.
Spoiler
A must-see for all Venture Brothers fans. There's just so much in there...
Last edited by c_nordlander on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Venture Brothers special: "All This and Gargantua II"

Post by gkscotty » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Good episode!
I enjoyed it.
But I'm trying not to think too deeply about it.

also, have you seen this Chris? Because you should probably see it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:59 pm

Whoa...
Spoiler
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:02 pm

Spoiler
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:59 am

It was indeed awesome. (All the VB specials have been awesome so far, IMO. In fact, I'm considering making a post in the OFF & Futurama discussion board about how I think they pretty much went the opposite route of the Futurama movies, and were all the better for it.) But this one was even more epic than usual.

I agree that Hank does seem to be the less mature of the brothers (mentally, not physically). Of course, they're both still teenagers, and that age can be... problematic.

Agree with everything else you said.
Spoiler
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:20 am

I'd actually be willing to say Wild Blue Yonder worked, but the rest of them aren't standing the test of time for me (And less said about BWABB the better).

It's interesting to me because it seemed like Hank would emotionally/mentally mature faster than Dean, especially after he entered into his sullen denim jacket phase while Dean was trying to attach himself to dog!Hitler. but then they reversed that when Triana and Dean broke up.

I'm trying to remember where Mol is even supposed to be stationed at this point. I need Season 5 DVDs in my life.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"