See you in Jail, Martha.

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

See you in Jail, Martha.

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:30 pm

Well I was watching TV until that special report pop up(I hate it when it happen), and the news said Martha Stewart is going to jail for 5 months. Well good ridden because I hate her. Here the News.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
Jon
Sub-sector Control Officer

Re:See you in Jail, Martha.

Post by Jon » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:53 pm

Poor Martha.

I wouldn't be saying that if she was criticized for only the crime that she commited, but......lordy, people! Have mercy on her! Just because she can make a doily out of turkey meat doesn't make her a bad person!

I've heard that guy's an idiot.
arpulver
Demi-God
Demi-God

Post by arpulver » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:36 pm

As far as Martha is concerned, the camps that believe in both ;D Martha and >:( Martha are ::).

Some people think that she should be immune to all charges because she is so capable and has such a pleasant on-screen personality. These people are nuts. She committed a crime, received a reasonably fair trial, and received a punishment in accordance with the law (while I have problems with the relatively lax punishments for white-collar crimes, that's a different issue).

Some people, on the other hand, somehow get the notion that she is a fire-breathing demon in disguise, and behind her pleasant on-screen personality is an evil harpy queen. They want to see if the death penalty can be considered. These people are nuts. While there have been tales of Martha being difficult to work for, in the end that just makes her another celebrity with both an on-screen and an off-screen personality. Who in Hollywood doesn't? I can only hope that this is the reason people don't like her, and not the fear of a successful businesswoman.
Back in my day, we didn't have none of this php or frames or auto-whatsit. I ran this place single-handed doing the HTML on Notepad! And it was better! Everything was subject to my star ratings and if it was crap, I durn said so! And speakin' of crap, these newbies are getting on my nerves! You can have yer Nordlanders and Dawsons- give me a Stephen Boswell script any day of the week!
Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:01 pm

Yeah. I'm not saying that she shouldn't be put on trial and sentenced for her crime...

But it seems like the cool thing to hate Martha.

And that's just stupid.

I've heard that guy's an idiot.
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:27 pm

I just think the whole thing makes the appearance of her head on Futurama all the more hilarious :D
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
Abe_Simpson
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Abe_Simpson » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:40 am

I'm not trying to stick up for Martha or anything (damn her and her perfect desserts... damn her!), but businesspeople get inside information on stocks all of the time and nobody cares, but Martha does it and all of a sudden it's a huge crime. I know that she shouldn't have done it, but if you're gonna do it to Martha, why not everyone else?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember when he ate my goldfish? And you said I never had a goldfish? Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL?