Somebody get me a drink...

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Craig_Fotheringham

Re: Somebody get me a drink...

Post by Craig_Fotheringham » Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:20 am

Les' do this thang!  ;D
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:18 pm

Yep, that's the correct definition, SD.  Heh, thanks for the compliment.  It's just a spoof of the famous tag-line scene I thought up the other day after seeing those phrases repeated endlessly in so many chats. :D  And Randy, I also live by an arsenal. :naughty:

Yep, Dan Castellaneta did co-write this episode.  Which sucks, because that means that even the long-term dudes on the inside are contributing to the downward slide. :uhdrop:

After watching the rerun of "Half-Decent Proposal" (yay!) Sunday night, they showed an ad for the upcoming episode.  There was a shot of Homer sleeping face down at the long table in front of him, his butt up in the air and his crack showing. ::)  Then they showed part of a joke:

KRUSTY:  It was the only thing we could do ta keep Homer away from the buffet table!  [crowd laughs]
HOMER:  ....Uh!  That joke was at my expense!  What sort of roast is this?!

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Karsten_Thiel
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Karsten_Thiel » Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:28 pm

Who's up for making "Perceptions" into reality?
And kill irresponsible "Simpsons" producers? Sounds like fun. Image
What flows from me nose does not go on the clothes.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Content Superspreader

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:36 pm

About the "roast"... oh, I see. It all makes sense now. Homer gets a practical joke-stuffed party... and the morons behind this gets the *literal* kind.

So, Dan Castellaneta did this? Now, this is painful... I mean, after all Matt Groening wrote "Colonel Homer", but that was a *lovely* episode. Like... well... most every episode up to Season 9 was. (OK, so most of Season 9 was good as well, but it did have some hitherto-unseen lows.)

An arsenal, eh? Eeenteresting...

[takes up manuscript to "Perceptions" and throws it, causing the papers to swirl into the sun dramatically]

I'm tired of merely predicting! I want to make it TRUE!
Say hello to the rug's topography
It holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it.
Say hello to the shrinking in your head
You can't see it, but you know it's there, so don't neglect it.

-- Failure, "The Nurse Who Loved Me"
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:20 pm

Well, seeing as how Groening created the show, it stands to reason that he could write a funny episode for it. :)  But yeah, the Castellaneta thing does hurt.

*lol*@Chris.  Why am I reminded of 'Wonder Boys'? :naughty:

Oh, and another note:  it seems that Kang and Kodos have appeared in two episodes outside of the THOH universe, so it won't throw things completely out of whack.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Archonix » Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:35 pm

He co-wrote this episode.  For all you know he coudl have brought it from being abysmal to simply being poor.  He might even have rescued it.  We won't know until it's aired.

What I'm saying is don't instantly judge him just because the episode sounds bad.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
jenny
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by jenny » Tue Apr 16, 2002 11:08 pm

Ah, thanks for the explanation of your signature, Sheana - I was a little worried that I had no recollection of that chat. I thought I'd been sleep-cracking-smoking again. :o ;D

As for the real Perceptions... well, I don't live near any stockpiles of weaponary, but my house does back onto a primary school, which is pretty much the same thing in Bootle. ;) If you need anything to go Scully-hunting with, let me know. :D
HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG!!
Craig_Fotheringham

Post by Craig_Fotheringham » Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:01 am

Think about it...with the FBI after Bin Laden, there's noone here to keep an eye on us.  :naughty:
Archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Archonix » Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:36 am

Ah, thanks for the explanation of your signature, Sheana - I was a little worried that I had no recollection of that chat. I thought I'd been sleep-cracking-smoking again. :o ;D

As for the real Perceptions... well, I don't live near any stockpiles of weaponary, but my house does back onto a primary school, which is pretty much the same thing in Bootle. ;) If you need anything to go Scully-hunting with, let me know. :D
International arms fair here we come...
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:57 pm

You never know, Jenny, you never know. ;D ;)

Graham, here in the United States we have a little thing called the NRA.  God bless Charlton Heston. :naughty:

--MST3K interview

Kwyjibo
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by Kwyjibo » Wed Apr 17, 2002 5:37 pm

it seems that Kang and Kodos have appeared in two episodes outside of the THOH universe, so it won't throw things completely out of whack.
Hmm.. I remember one. And that was a S11 episode. 'nuff said.
Karsten_Thiel

Post by Karsten_Thiel » Wed Apr 17, 2002 5:57 pm

And besides, it wasn't a "real" episode (i.e. the rules of continuity didn't apply), so it really doesn't count.
What flows from me nose does not go on the clothes.
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:08 pm

The two non-THOH episodes were 'Radio Bart' and 'The Springfield Files'.

--MST3K interview

Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:29 pm

I recently talked with a friend of mine about this, and this was his analysis of the K&K situation: "It'll probably end up being a dream, and if it isn't, kudos to Al Jean for being daring!"
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Craig_Fotheringham

Post by Craig_Fotheringham » Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:55 am

'Kudos to', 'Death to', same thing. ;D