Ethnic Pride Thread!

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Meghan
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Re:Ethnic Pride Thread!

Post by Meghan » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:45 pm

Now, I know some of you might not believe me, but according to my family tree, I have Bohemian gypsy in my blood, one of the tribes in Europe is how we got our surname, or I should say, my mother's surname. My grandmother is german I'm also a half-english from my dad's side of the family.

So, I'm Bohemian, German, English, and supposidely French and Jewish (but the ancestor was adopted into one of our great-great-great-great Catholic families in the old country and became one as well).
Last edited by Meghan on Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its The Rapture, quick get Bart out of the house before God comes!" -Homer
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by aoifestorm » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:46 pm

Mother's Side-German Jews who went there from Spain, German Jew with more "Aryan" mysteries
Father's SIde- Irish, Italian, Dutch- further back, Catalonian and Welsh-Russian
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:29 am

And here I thought my ethnic background was diverse. [Feels the pwnage]
WELSH: What the hell was that?
FRASER: The sound of a grown man squealing in a manner not becoming a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
WELSH: Oh, Turnbull.
-"Mountie Sings the Blues," due SOUTH
Robbie
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Robbie » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:57 pm

I'm English Arab. My father is from a Kuwaiti family that's apparently very rich and a friend of the royals, according to my grandma. She hates my father, and some of his family, for leaving us in the lurch after my mother died.

This family descent is why I probably won't want to go to America any time soon.
I think this is sick. You're staring at a dot!
hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:25 pm

That would be wise. We have a lot of nutjobs in this country who unforunately like their big, shiny baseball bats/guns. (Not at all Freudian, I swear!)
FRASER: The sound of a grown man squealing in a manner not becoming a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:52 pm

May as well join in. I'm scottish (I don't buy this whole pert-one-country-part-another thing; by that logic we're all african anyway), my mother's scottish and my father's german, and further back we have English, Irish, some more eastern european ones I can't remeber off the top of my head, canadians, and a single german baron.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
aoifestorm

Post by aoifestorm » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:41 pm

Oooh, always fun to know of more Members of the Tribe on here. ;D
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:18 am

D.B. wrote: (I don't buy this whole pert-one-country-part-another thing; by that logic we're all african anyway)
I think past 1/16, you can consider it too far back to matter.
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:51 pm

From what I know, I'm pretty much 100% Irish. My family name comes from Donegal and did exist before the Ulster Plantations. But I think I have some English relatives.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
JoeyGus
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by JoeyGus » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:17 am

I just found out that I'm related to Tony Chachere, the person who makes the great cajun creole food. All this cajun food reminds me of gumbo, my favorite creole food.
Last edited by JoeyGus on Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abe_Simpson
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Abe_Simpson » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:22 am

Uh... hmm... let's see here... I think that I'm mostly... uh... Scottish... ya! My mom was born in Scotland and my dad's last name is Wallace... but he's from way far back. But basically: My mom is Scottish and my dad is Canadian. THERE. SIMPLE.
Remember when he ate my goldfish? And you said I never had a goldfish? Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL?
Karsten_Thiel
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Karsten_Thiel » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:39 pm

As far as I know, I'm pretty much 100 % German. I'm neither tall, blonde, nor blue-eyed, though, so it's possible that I've got some other genes mixed in between (probably French, since my family is originally from the southwest of Germany). :)
What flows from me nose does not go on the clothes.