E3 2005

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
skajme
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

E3 2005

Post by skajme » Tue May 17, 2005 5:04 pm

ok i know it doesnt start officially till tomorrow, but i thought i'd get things started.
this thread is for any discussions on anything atall that excites you or whatever from E3!
so far from the things that have been shown early im really impressed by everything i've seen on the ps3, and the matrix: the path of neo game!
cant wait for it all to officially start!  ;D

a good website to keep up to date on things is www.1up.com
Space. It seems to go on and on forever.
But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

www.skajme.deviantart.com
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: E3 2005

Post by Bothead » Tue May 17, 2005 7:19 pm

Dear God the Revolution's small! The PS3 has a sleek design. The XBox 360 looks like a PC (but I knew that already). Of course, it will be the games that are important, not the console design. Surprised to see Warhawk being remade for the PS3. That's a PSOne game that's so old, I can't trade it in at Gamestation because the staff can't find it in their database! Interesting to see how the Revolution's idea for downloading Nintendo's back cataclogue will work out over in Europe. Still, very nice start to the week. The game I'm most looking forward to seeing is Advance Wars DS.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue May 17, 2005 7:38 pm

I don't know what I think of nintendo's strategy. Very bold to go against the flow specs wise. I just can't shake the feeling that this is exactly what they would do if they've been struggling to keep up with the kind of R&D money Sony and Microsoft have to throw at projects like this...
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Tue May 17, 2005 8:04 pm

The last game system I owned was an NES (though I suppose you could count the Game Boy Color  :P ), so my interest in consoles is almost nonexistant.

Personally, I want to learn more about this "Spore" game that Will Wright's working on.  Hopefully, it'll be less automated than the Sims series....  I'm also intrigued by "The Movies," though I haven't played 'Black & White" or any other Lionhead Studios games, so I have no idea what to expect.
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue May 17, 2005 9:31 pm

This article produced extremely excellent news:
The three biggest titles in Square Enix's lineup are Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy XII, and Kingdom Hearts II. Of these three games, Kingdom Hearts II had by far the most impressive trailer. The footage included many segments we've already seen, including Mulan's, Hercules's, and the Nightmare Before Christmas' world. It also introduced a new world: the realistic Pirates of the Caribbean, where a cartoon Sora fights alongside a realistic Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, protecting a realistic Kiera Knightly.
*does the Happy Fanboy Dance*
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Tue May 17, 2005 11:03 pm

the realistic Pirates of the Caribbean, where a cartoon Sora fights alongside a realistic Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, protecting a realistic Kiera Knightly.
o_O

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Jon
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by Jon » Tue May 17, 2005 11:47 pm

-The Nintendo Revolution:
Oh my God. It's so small.
Here are the facts so far:
It will be no taller than three DVD cases stacked on top of each otherI
It will have wi-fi internet enabled immediately out of the box (Super Smash Bros. will be an online launch title)
A FREE online XBoxLive-type gaming service
You can download ANY previous Nintendo game from an Nintendo online service (games such as Mario Sunshine and Donkey Kong)
A new Metroid game is being developed for the Revolution
It can play DVDs
It's backwards compatible
has wireless controllers
Contains two USB 2.0 ports
It will most likely be comparable to the second coming of Christ (uh ohes maybe I went too far there).

Image Image

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:
Oh god. This game is absolutely beautiful. The prettiest environments II've seen in a long time, stylized characters and graphics (while also being realistic), and very new gameplay concepts. Link can turn into a wolf, swing on monkeys, hop on water using a chicken, battle giant creatures on his horse, and everything else he could do in The Wind Waker.
I can hardly contain myself.
Last edited by Jon on Tue May 17, 2005 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've heard that guy's an idiot.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed May 18, 2005 12:05 am

Looks like Nintendo have gone for the stylishly artistic look, to appeal to the... stylishly artistic.

I'd buy one. It looks cool. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
skajme
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by skajme » Wed May 18, 2005 12:15 am

the nintendo revolution does look pretty good, apparantly it is going to get even smaller before it comes out!

and i've just watched the legend of zelda trailer.....and i'm mighty impressed!

i'd advise anyone to have a look for the killzone trailer for the ps3. it is mind blowingly good!!
Space. It seems to go on and on forever.
But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

www.skajme.deviantart.com
Jon

Post by Jon » Wed May 18, 2005 12:36 am

I don't think the Killzone trailer is real time, though...Or so I heard.

I've heard that guy's an idiot.
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Wed May 18, 2005 12:50 am

Game systems may change, but one thing will always remain the same: I can never afford one 'till it's obsolete.
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Wed May 18, 2005 12:51 am

It's....shiney!

It looks delish.  Alas, I'm with Terry on this one...

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Bothead

Post by Bothead » Wed May 18, 2005 9:06 pm

(Hears about Super Mario Strikers on GameCentral. Literally dances for five minutes) They were bound to make a Mario football game! It's about time they did! And Pokemon XD on the Gamecube! Flipping heck I'm lamost fainting here. What's that? A Game Boy Micro and Battalian Wars (aka Advance Wars on Gamecube). Almost there. Super Smash Bros for Revolution? (faints)
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Wed May 18, 2005 11:49 pm

Oh my god, I have found my reason to live. And it is shiny and pretty and I can play as Auron.
WELSH: What the hell was that?
FRASER: The sound of a grown man squealing in a manner not becoming a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
WELSH: Oh, Turnbull.
-"Mountie Sings the Blues," due SOUTH
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Thu May 19, 2005 1:10 am

Eh, I can't even afford a decent upgrade to my computer. It always looks to me like I'll be eternally stranded in 1998. But I like it anyways. :)
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão