Things get smaller shock

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Things get smaller shock

Post by archonix » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:42 am

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/01 ... k_diamond/

A memory card company called Pretec have developed a flash memory card smaller than a USB plug. This quote at the end of the article fascinates me:
The Register wrote: Crucially, the iDisk Diamond has a tiny loop on which to attach a wrist or neck lanyard - or, even, Solid Alliance suggests, an earring hook. Heaven knows, it's going to be hard not to lose the things otherwise...
The ultimate in nerdish fashion-wear? I suppose next it'll be USB tongue studs. ;D
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Re: Things get smaller shock

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:08 pm

I'd love to be able to wear my entire literary opus on my earlobe. *realises her ears aren't pierced* D'oh...
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:15 pm

ooh usb earings X)
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:17 pm

It's small enough that I could probably get away with wearing it as jewelry.  And I would wear it, definetley.  Instead of tearing my bookbag apart to see if I'm missing my USB key, I could just look into a mirror.
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:00 am

Speaking of technological advances:

http://news.zdnet.com/IBM+slows+light,+ ... &subj=zdnn

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:53 pm

Crucially, the iDisk Diamond has a tiny loop on which to attach a wrist or neck lanyard - or, even, Solid Alliance suggests, an earring hook. Heaven knows, it's going to be hard not to lose the things otherwise...
Clearly, no one involved in the making of this has ever lost an earring. Those things are fairly easy to lose and a bitch to find. My mother loses hers a lot.
WELSH: What the hell was that?
FRASER: The sound of a grown man squealing in a manner not becoming a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
WELSH: Oh, Turnbull.
-"Mountie Sings the Blues," due SOUTH
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:03 pm

Forensic Ninja wrote:
Crucially, the iDisk Diamond has a tiny loop on which to attach a wrist or neck lanyard - or, even, Solid Alliance suggests, an earring hook. Heaven knows, it's going to be hard not to lose the things otherwise...
Clearly, no one involved in the making of this has ever lost an earring. Those things are fairly easy to lose and a bitch to find. My mother loses hers a lot.
I reckon they'll be able to fit them with a whistle locator. Speakers are small enough, and it would be easy to make it a feature-part. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:36 pm

Commisar Geranovich wrote:
Forensic Ninja wrote:
I reckon they'll be able to fit them with a whistle locator. Speakers are small enough, and it would be easy to make it a feature-part. :)
* Elizabeth tries to figure out whether or not Graham is joking.
WELSH: What the hell was that?
FRASER: The sound of a grown man squealing in a manner not becoming a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
WELSH: Oh, Turnbull.
-"Mountie Sings the Blues," due SOUTH
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:42 pm

Yes. And then again no...
— Piet Hein - Grooks