*scream of rage*

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

*scream of rage*

Post by Stretch_Dude » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:35 pm

Arrested Development has been cancelled.

There will be blood for this! >:(
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Re: *scream of rage*

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:15 pm

Ahhh, FOX.  It's amazing how many good, award-winning shows it cancels just 'cause...

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:37 pm

F*X EXEC: Gentlemen, you have my word.  As long as I'm in charge, this company will never, and I mean *ever* make a dime.  Meeteing adjouned.

Watch out, Malcom.  You're next.
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:37 am

Actually...for once, we can't blame the executives. The fact that the show made it to a third season shows they actually tried to help the show (shocking, I know). But AD just can't seem to get the ratings it deserves.

Don't blame the Fox execs. Blame their marketing department.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:58 am

:'(

I'd say I'm boycotting the network over this, but no matter how hard I try, I can never really abandon The Simpsons.  That's the only show on FOX I even bother watching nowadays; most of the shows I like are on cable channels.

Edit: Statement retracted because of the ignorant logic behind it.  :P
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:21 am

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not Aressted Development now what TV show am I going to pretend I have heard of in order to sound hip? Danm you Fox!!!!!!! >:(
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:43 pm

Terry wrote: F*X EXEC: Gentlemen, you have my word.  As long as I'm in charge, this company will never, and I mean *ever* make a dime.  Meeteing adjouned.

Watch out, Malcom.  You're next.
You too, King of the Hill, you might be next too, damn F*x exective. Well unless I don't have to be worry about it, remember Family Guy was cancelled but they come back thanks to DVD & [adult swim] big ratings, Arrested might do the same. And for 7th Heaven, I think they deserve to be cancel, it been on for a long time since WB started a new network.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:49 pm

Mr. DJ wrote: You too, King of the Hill, you might be next too, damn F*x exective.
I thought KotH's cancellation was confirmed by Judge?  In either case, it's a pity; I wasn't much of a KotH fan, but it did bring some balance to an otherwise wacky Sunday line-up.
"I was God once."
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:40 pm

KotH wasn't actually cancelled, Mike Judge decided it was time for the show to finish at the 10th Season. He was smart and decided to finish it before it got stale according to a recent interview, though I haven't actually seen a KotH episode for several years now, so I'm not sure what the show was like as of late.
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:39 pm

Its good that a TV show gets cancelled before it gets dull and repetative.

*cough*
djwhitaker2004

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:25 am

Mr. Skipperdoo wrote: KotH wasn't actually cancelled, Mike Judge decided it was time for the show to finish at the 10th Season.
WHAT, you said that KOTH is going to end this season, too?! Now what Mike Judge going to do after his show is gone?
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:16 am

Stretch Dude wrote: Actually...for once, we can't blame the executives. The fact that the show made it to a third season shows they actually tried to help the show (shocking, I know). But AD just can't seem to get the ratings it deserves.
After some reflecting (*cough*), I've come to a similar conclusion.  Much as I'd like to pin this on FOX, they actually had good reason to stop ordering episodes.

But I'm still puzzled by the lackluster ratings.  I suppose much of it is due to the show's strong sense of continuity (I jumped in during early season 2, so there's still some jokes I don't get, like who the real mole was in the last episode), but you'd think after snatching the Emmy that more people would have paid attention to it.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was God once."
papa smurf
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by papa smurf » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:14 pm

That sucks! >:(.......... ooooooooooo by the way MR.DJ that is the greatest avatar ever made.........BUNGHOLE! ;D
Smurfs are CRAZY GOOD!..................................  i love  me some smurfs. well i guess 0 is better then -2...... not a much better mind you,... but a little
djwhitaker2004

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:02 am

Thanks, is one of my favorite moments in Beavis & Butthead.
papa smurf
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by papa smurf » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:10 pm

It's so great that i have to up your metaranking!
Smurfs are CRAZY GOOD!..................................  i love  me some smurfs. well i guess 0 is better then -2...... not a much better mind you,... but a little