Hear that? That's my soul screaming.

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Hear that? That's my soul screaming.

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 pm

Who here A) likes "Teen Titans;" B) hates "Smallville;" and C) hates "The Batman"?

If you said yes to all three, guess what? Warner Bros. hates you.

"Teen Titans" has been cancelled, Cyborg's appearing on "Smallville," and "The Batman" gets Robin. Considering the WB's past with the Bat-Embargo* and Aqua-Embargo**, I doubt this is a coincidence. >:(

* "Justice League Unlimited" being forbidden to use Batman's villains and supporting cast because of "The Batman"
** "JLU" being forbidden to use any Aquaman characters because of Aquaman's appearance on "Smallville" and his subsequent spinoff
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Seshennu
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Re: Hear that? That's my soul screaming.

Post by Seshennu » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:45 pm

Whuzza..?

I heard about Teen Titans being cancelled... Which makes no sense, seeing as it's supposed to be pretty popular, and they even have a line of toys out.. (I really only catch about 20 minutes of it before leaving for the bus some mornings, so I'm not too familiar with it)

But... How does Cyborg fit in with Smallville..? This is that liveaction "family channel" Superman you're referring to, right? O_o; That... makes no sense whatsoever.
Wuzzuh? You mean she frequents the Pit?
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:43 am

Seshennu wrote: Whuzza..?

I heard about Teen Titans being cancelled... Which makes no sense, seeing as it's supposed to be pretty popular, and they even have a line of toys out.. (I really only catch about 20 minutes of it before leaving for the bus some mornings, so I'm not too familiar with it)

But... How does Cyborg fit in with Smallville..? This is that liveaction "family channel" Superman you're referring to, right? O_o; That... makes no sense whatsoever.
Which is why so many people, myself included, are extremely pissed off.

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:02 am

Stretch Dude wrote: Who here A) likes "Teen Titans;" B) hates "Smallville;" and C) hates "The Batman"?
I "tolerate" The Batman, but I don't go out of my way to watch it.

This news saddens me.  Especially Cyborg in Smallsville.  I... wha...  How would they even do that?!
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:18 pm

Jeez, and Teen Titans did a lot to improve Robin's credibility in my opinion. If The Batman is set in the Batman Begins canon, then I think Robin SHOULD NOT be in it. Cyborg in Smallville is an extremely odd choice.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:45 pm

The Batman is set in its own canon as far as I know.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:58 pm

Commisar Geranovich wrote: The Batman is set in its own canon as far as I know.
It is, though it would be better if it didn't exist in the first place. Not a good show, that is.

I draw too, dammit!
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:23 am

That really stinks that Teen Titans is going to be gone, how long did it stay on the air?
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:21 pm

It started in 2003 and ran for five seasons.

I draw too, dammit!