I was in the NY Times

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer

I was in the NY Times

Post by aoifestorm » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:46 pm

I'm in a "collage" of people who take their own photos, and put them online.  This lady contacted me through my Flickr, two weeks ago, so I sent her a photo.
I thought I'd be microscopic, but luckily, the photo isn't that small.  Also, they only talk abuot myspace and friendster, for some reason.
Image Anyway, this is fun, because it's so random.  So far since putting photos on Flickr, I've had an exhibit I was never able to see, and now this.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Re: I was in the NY Times

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:14 am

Aoife made the papers!

It's a very cool thing to be in one, isn't it Aoife?  Way to go!

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Archonix » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:35 am

Go go aoife! And so on. Shame they didn't mention you by name though.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 pm

Congratulations Aoife. :)  Beats the heck out of appearing in the Post with your hand covering half the picture.

Speaking of which (and tying into another thread in The Club)...

EDIT:  Temporarily removed for something better.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Archonix » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:56 pm

... is it sad that I, a British citizen, a) know all of these newspapers and b) am laughing at how true this seems?

Oh well. Funny. ;D

I once had a letter in the times. You know the scary thing about writing to the Times? People write back to you. I had two letters agreeing with me. One was fairly innocuous, just a "good show that man" sort of affair. The other was type-written on that weird shiny paper you don't see anymore and spent several pages ranting on about god knows what. All things considered, I'd rather do like Aoife and have my picture in there. At least that way you don' gbet crazies writing to you.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
aoifestorm

Post by aoifestorm » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:58 pm

cuteswan wrote: So, you're third from the bottom on the right?  I can tell by the glasses.  ;)
Whoever she is, I love her glasses. :)
I am on the left, above the bottom photo.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
Bothead

Post by Bothead » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:46 pm

That's the first step to becoming powerful. Pretty soon you shall pop up in every paper known to man, and then the world shall truly be yours.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
Archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Archonix » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:06 pm

Bothead wrote: That's the first step to becoming powerful. Pretty soon you shall pop up in every paper known to man, and then the world shall truly be yours.
You could even become like Everywhere Girl.
— Piet Hein - Grooks