The Spiderman You Never Wanted to See

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
cuteswan

The Spiderman You Never Wanted to See

Post by cuteswan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:13 pm

Most of you are probably too young to remember the short-lived live-action Spiderman series in 1978.  It was all right, but the network apparently thought it had too many superhero programs already so they canceled it.

However, only last night I found out that Toei had also licensed their own live-action version of Supaidâ-Man in '78... but it was more than a little different from our version.  The subtitled clip is the entire first episode but the opening credits are enough to give you the idea.  After seeing this, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers might start to look good.
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Re: The Spiderman You Never Wanted to See

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:12 pm

Ha!  I think I remember seeing clips of both '70s Spider-Man shows on TV when I was a kid.  Horrendous yet hilarious.

Of course there must be motorcyles and ass shots in there somewhere...

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:43 pm

Cringe-worthy but funny none the less.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
Horrorhead
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by Horrorhead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:34 am

That's so cheesy and hilarious so that it hurts.