Nintendo renames the Revolution to...

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Re: Nintendo renames the Revolution to...

Post by Terry Y » Thu May 04, 2006 4:18 pm

I hope they license a golf game featuring Michelle Wie.  :doh:

Thank you!  I'll be here all week!
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu May 04, 2006 9:43 pm

You know what? Wii, Shmee. It's got Metroid Prime 3 and the next Smash Bros. game, and that's all I needs to know.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Fri May 05, 2006 1:19 am

Whoa a new Smash Bros. sweet, Screw the carple tunnel. i now want to check the system out. :D
He stood tall on top of the mountain of his ancestors and looked down to see his home. He let loose a loud howl. He is now a man, but not just a man. He is now a true Wolf and others are sure to follow him.
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Wed May 10, 2006 8:38 pm

I think Wii is a good name for this new system. It just look like "WII" are so excited this to come out. Wii, Wii, Wiiiiiii LOL ;D.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu May 11, 2006 1:09 am

Another reason to get it: IT WON'T COST 600 BUCKS.

*attaches the Crazy Collar to Sony's neck; the White Coats instantly burst through the wall, grab Sony, and charge out*

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Thu May 11, 2006 3:13 pm

Stretch Dude wrote: Another reason to get it: IT WON'T COST 600 BUCKS.

*attaches the Crazy Collar to Sony's neck; the White Coats instantly burst through the wall, grab Sony, and charge out*
Well, it'll still cost you a monthly charge to play the games online, another reason I've fallen out of the gaming circles.  First, you pay anywere from $200-$600 for a console that'll be obsolete in two years, you pay about $50-$75 for the games themselves and $29.95 a month to play them online.  Who can afford to game anymore?

I'll stick with my PSOne, thankyouverymuch.
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Thu May 11, 2006 6:19 pm

In related news, Nintendo just announced the next Smash Bros Game...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Watch it. If anybody guessed who the last new character was... I will refuse to believe them.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Thu May 11, 2006 6:33 pm

Terry wrote: Well, it'll still cost you a monthly charge to play the games online, another reason I've fallen out of the gaming circles.  First, you pay anywere from $200-$600 for a console that'll be obsolete in two years, you pay about $50-$75 for the games themselves and $29.95 a month to play them online.  Who can afford to game anymore?

I'll stick with my PSOne, thankyouverymuch.
I'll stick to my emulators. You know, it's not as if I can spend so much time gaming.

Besides, Rollercoaster Tycoon is still the best.
"This is the scientifical truth, which is much better. You shouldn't let poets lie to you."
-- Björk
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Thu May 11, 2006 6:59 pm

gkscotty wrote: In related news, Nintendo just announced the next Smash Bros Game...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Watch it. If anybody guessed who the last new character was... I will refuse to believe them.

Spoiler
Smash Bros is my favourite beat 'em up game, so that means the Wii is going on my wish list.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Thu May 11, 2006 7:09 pm

I'll stick to my emulators. You know, it's not as if I can spend so much time gaming.
Same here. If only I could find a decent Playstation emulator... all I've seen so far work extremely slow. :(
I want to play RoadRage! Damn you Alex, why did you tell me about this game? ;D
Casper
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Thu May 11, 2006 8:34 pm

I'll hold my guns. I've been with Sony Playstations since they first came out, and I see no reason to change now. Even if I have to endure the $600 price tag (thats about £520, no?).
Now MGS4 has been anounced, its even better!

I had a Nintendo 64 once... sold it for half the price a few week later  :-\
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Thu May 11, 2006 9:01 pm

Dagdamor wrote: I want to play RoadRage! Damn you Alex, why did you tell me about this game? ;D
Because I'm Evil.

I'll probably end up getting the Wii-Volution as well, because of the new Smash Bros and Zelda games.  But I'll probably wait until I can get it second-hand.

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu May 11, 2006 11:29 pm

gkscotty wrote: In related news, Nintendo just announced the next Smash Bros Game...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I drooled. I actually literally drooled.

I draw too, dammit!
djwhitaker2004

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Sat May 13, 2006 2:38 am

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I'm getting that game and the new system. LOL wii wii wiiiii :D.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
Marco

Post by Marco » Sat May 13, 2006 8:38 am

Screw the name, Nintendo has always had some of the most original and fun games (especially party games) ever, so i'm looking forward to see this one! :)