time to finish what we started

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

time to finish what we started

Post by zekeprower » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:53 pm

howdy folks. it is time to post this up to get us going again. Back in late april and early May, Moderator Omar Perez (OP) and the Founder of this site[Graham Dawson (Commisar Geranovich)] decided it was time to start yet another writing and Art Competition. Six entries were placed for the Art portion and Three were placed in writing portion.

Time has passed and passed and now almost five and half months later we still are sitting, wondering who will be the ones to take home the gold. Well it is time to get this competition back into motion. If we could get just a few more votes for the entries and get the final tallies from the judges, we could place that medal over the heads of the winners. :)

Thank you all for your time and work to help draw this competition to a close.  :D
He stood tall on top of the mountain of his ancestors and looked down to see his home. He let loose a loud howl. He is now a man, but not just a man. He is now a true Wolf and others are sure to follow him.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: time to finish what we started

Post by archonix » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:52 pm

I was going to deal with the competition this week, since I'm finally settled in to some gainful employment and have time to think about it, but thank you for the reminder. I'm sure everyone appreciates it. :)

Now lets see if I can remember how to do this...
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Re: time to finish what we started

Post by fellranger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:10 pm

Yay!  I was wondering what had happened with the writing competition...we need closure!
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas