- Insane Underling
- Posts: 11856
- Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:00 pm
- Custom Title: Content Superspreader
Put me to the test;
I'd love to lay this rivalry to rest!
-- "You're Only Second Rate", The Return of Jafar
- Sub-sector Control Officer
- Posts: 1676
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:05 pm
- Location: NYC
That face she made towards the end after the video of Paris leaving jail, that was genuine, on the moment disgust.
- Senior Technical Supervisor
- Posts: 764
- Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:12 pm
- Location: Between the road and the water's edge.
Heh! yeah fair point. She wasn't pretending.
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.
Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas