The Majesty of Colours

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: The Majesty of Colours

Post by gkscotty » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:19 pm

This is a rather sad and grim game, and I dunno if I like it as much as the others in this thread, but it has something to it.

Every Day The Same Dream

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Reviving this thread in order to link this: The Good Doctor. (To play, press the link that says "Web (Post-Compo)"). A little story about the Black Death.

Not really a game, since there are no real challenges to surpass. But it's a pretty neat story.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Tue May 21, 2013 9:20 pm

The latest Ludum Dare, a challenge to create free indie games in a short space of time (48 hours for the Compo, 72 hours for the Jam) is now finished. The theme was "minimalism". What follows is my list of the best games to emerge from it, obviously only counting the ones I played.

Floating Point. An atmospheric, surreal adventure game with a unique interface gimmick.

Composition with Yellow, Red, and Blue. An innovative puzzle game where you move your character around by activating magnet-like items.

Gods Will Be Watching. A management game in point-and-click form where you have to keep your exploration team alive on a distant planet until you can be rescued. Arguably tied with "Floating Point" as my favourite of the games. (Protip: keep the fire going, or your team will freeze to death overnight.)

Drug Hunt. A trippy rhythm game. CONTENT WARNING: Contains drug abuse. Probably shouldn't be played if you suffer from epilepsy.

CHAMELEON RUN. An "infinite runner" game with a twist. Simplistic but addictive.

Deja Vu. A 3D puzzle game. Tough but original.

Or check all the games out yourself. There's bound to be at least a thousand more good ones that I've missed.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Asphyx. A simplistic platformer with a twist.

Probably shouldn't be played if you have a fear of drowning.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:37 pm

A game that might be relevant to the interests of our "Papers, Please" fans:

Before you could play an immigration inspector in Arstotzka, you could play a newspaper editor in Republia.

Not as big or complex as its sequel, but it's pretty darn addictive anyway.

Glory to Republia!!!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon