Video of hudson river plane crash

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Video of hudson river plane crash

Post by archonix » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:56 pm

[url=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9e6_1232166872]Starts at 2:02. The plane looks surprisingly small.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Re: Video of hudson river plane crash

Post by fellranger » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:58 pm

That's incredible footage!  Full marks to the crew for the speed at which they got people out of there.  The CCTV operator must have got a shock...
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by aoifestorm » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Everyone who saw it falling was in shock. :D
  Thank god the pilots were skilled enough to land in the best place possible for a rescue.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Yeah, this was a really amazing incident.  Miracle, even.  The pilot managed to land the plane okay without hitting a bridge or anything, and not a single person died.  Good thing NYC's been training for stuff like this.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.