A complaint

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Jar_Jar_Binks
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

A complaint

Post by Jar_Jar_Binks » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:36 pm

I received a complaint from Sheana. She said I was too quiet. That I should get my ass on twitter or something. Fact is I'm not too quiet, on the contrary! I'm loud as ever. Just a bit busy. Really busy. I haven't even had the time to watch Venture Bros s04e04 yet! So I have little time or patience to get on twitter. I'm doing the next best thing: post here to check out how you're all doing. Hi all! How are you doing?

PS it was not my intention to paint Sheana as some kind of complaining nag. She didn't actually use the word ass, although I bet she now wishes she had thought of using it. Oh, the reason I asked if you have season 12 dvd's is because Roger Daltrey does a little bit of commentary on the Who episode. Very short, but neat! The deleted scene of him saying F  :-X ck you, Marge! is also there.

Love,

:amy
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Re: A complaint

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Hey, welcome back, Matty!

It'll be fun to have you around again. It's been a bit quiet without you. Oh, and the latest Venture Brothers is awesome.

EDIT: I'm Chris, in case you remember me. Or in case you don't remember me. Still Chris.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:04 am

Ass!

Yay, it's Matty! Nice to see you around again, man! Don't disappear for so long like that!  :E

And hah, oh yeah? I'll never buy a DVD above Season 8, but maybe I'll rent it or something. The commentaries are usually my favorite part, anyways.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:43 pm

Hey, you're...that guy? Hiya!

How's the packaging on Season 12, anyway? I've heard all the horror stories about 11's packaging, but haven't heard anything about 12. (Not that I've actually bothered to look, of course.)
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Season 12 has kind of four pull-out sleeves as opposed to the fold-in format of the first five seasons and the stackable plastic of 6-10 (I don't have 11).  That's the best way I can describe it.

And then there's this.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:40 pm

Pete's chin is slowly disappearing.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Shirt-Guy Tone wrote: Season 12 has kind of four pull-out sleeves as opposed to the fold-in format of the first five seasons and the stackable plastic of 6-10 (I don't have 11).  That's the best way I can describe it.
Sort of like WALL-E or the Futurama movies, then? A'right, then.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Jar_Jar_Binks
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Jar_Jar_Binks » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:33 pm

Hey Chris, I don't forget people, especially not the more interesting ones!

I can talk a lot on what sucks more: season 12 the episodes or season 12 the packaging, but instead I opt to tell you what I have been up to the last few months:

- Been to Tokyo, Japan. Fun times!
- Helped build a big float for a cultural-historical parade, and we'll start designing next year's on monday
- Begun my own little animation company, working on some small illustration projects at the mo
- Working together with an animation production company to develop and get funding for my (and my creative partner's) own animated short film. The producers approved my synopsis this week with a few notes, so I'm writing the treatment now. Which also involves lots of sketching, since I can't just type words to develop an animated film. Hopefully we'll have a big budget early next year so we can start production :)
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:54 am

Archonix wrote: Pete's chin is slowly disappearing.
The ravages of time are not pretty. And he never had much of one to begin with.  ;)

That's super cool Matty, wow! That's keepin' busy alright! Good luck with the self-employment, that's awesome! :)

I still think some folks should get on Twitter or similar sites. It's actually really easy and fast to do stuff with, and good for keeping track of people. Also nice to see more of the every-day stuff outside of a fandom context.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:37 am

Molloy the Catburglar wrote:I still think some folks should get on Twitter or similar sites. It's actually really easy and fast to do stuff with, and good for keeping track of people. Also nice to see more of the every-day stuff outside of a fandom context.
I'd get on Twitter, but I know I'd never bother to tweet.

Though I do use its RSS to follow a few people.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:45 am

You're making your way in the world, Matty! Sounds like you've had a good time. And yes, good luck with the company and the film! If you can make money from what you like doing, that's awesome.

Meh, twitter. If I ever want to communicate, the #sfwc chatroom has always been good enough for me.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.