The Simpworks Choose Your Own Adventure thread!

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: The Simpworks Choose Your Own Adventure thread!

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:34 am

I too was tempted to go with #5, but... Scruffy, I choose you! #6.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:08 pm

#3, because I am shamelessly male.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:15 pm

They're all fine choices. And as there's six of them, my inner nerd says i really should roll a die (preferably a D20 with complicated lookup tables). But all in all, I vote for #6.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
kaspired
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by kaspired » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:28 pm

This is too much fun.  I couldn't pass on this one...    :E

Quckie little sketches, hope you like.
Attachments
cyoat 5.jpg
cyoat 4.jpg
cyoat 3.jpg
cyoat 2.jpg
cyoat 1.jpg
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:31 pm

These are lovely, Kaspired! I think Leela's face needs some work on the last one, particularly her nose should be straighter and shorter and her mouth also needs some tweaking, but great pictures.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
AssistantCrone
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by AssistantCrone » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Illustrations! Also shoe! :D

I'd be tempted to go for Xtreme Paperwork, but given that there are roughly as many voters as options, I'll go for #6.
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:08 pm

Ohhhhhhh baby! Awesome pics. ;D

I shall be responsible and go with #1. Just like Leela would.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:33 am

I actually want to see #2.  Bender and his devious plots can be quite entertaining.

And those sketches are awesome, kaspired!
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:43 am

Yay!  Glad you like 'em.  I'm waiting for chapter 6.
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:24 pm

This may be cheating, but in the event that the voting goes the way what I voted for, I'd like to volunteer to write the next thingy. If that is cheating, woopwoopwoopwoopwoop.
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Well the 24 voting hours was up a while ago and #6 is the winner, so go ahead Beb

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:02 pm

[OOC: Yes, this section's a bit longer than recommended, but bear with me :E].

____

There was a thick film of toxic waste sliding down the walls of the building and pooling on the sidewalk below. Scruffy watched it with an experienced eye. That goop was real slippery. Bound to cause accidents, lawsuits, fatalities n'such, if Scruffy didn't do something. Hm. Better put up a cone. After lunch.

Lunch was interrupted by live coverage of NNY Women's Beach Volleyball: The Rejiggling (sponsored by Planet Express), which was of course Priority One. Now, Scruffy could've gone all the way down to the beach with Fry, but Scruffy had smarts. This way, you had the whole couch to yourself, the seagulls didn't bogart your bag of BBQ-buggalo lunch, and, most importantly, you could rewind jugs. Fast-forward jugs. Slow-motionise jugs.

Scruffy prised the remote out of the cushions and idly flicked through the general public's iCamcorders until he found a good view. Well, it was a good view until Fry's back obscured the Amazonian team's warm-up. No sooner had the cameraman hauled him away by his scalp, then the Planet Express Ship's landing gear thudded down in front of the lens.

"Delivery for –"

"Get out of the way! – ow. Ow. Okay, stay in the way. That's fine."

Leela put him down and shoved the big wooden crate at the Rejiggling coordinator. "One shipment of Planet Express volleyball bikinis, various extremes."

"How the hell does this one work?"

"Get out of the crate, Fry." Leela stood with folded arms as the coordinator handed out a series of Planet Express logos tied together with string. "Now you've signed for these things, you do know that they've got screw-all structural integrity, right? They're going to snap like dry –"

"Bingo!" the coordinator beamed. "Now, if you'd kindly remove your vehicle from the syruping area, we're just about to –"

"We have problem!"

It was one of the Amazonians. Team captain, probably, judging by the gold badge over the left cup. The coordinator had to take a couple of steps back to make eye contact.

"Big, angry shark bite Thog! She still out there teaching it a lesson. Could take a while – and we up first!"

"Ye gods! We need a substitute—"

"Oh! Oh! Me me me me me!"

"—volleyball player, who looks –"

"Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!"

"—great in a bikini!"

"I could do that! Check out this butt!"

The coordinator dodged Fry's butt and glanced around for the delivery girl, but the cargo hatch had already closed. The sniggering was plainly audible, though.

____

"Morris, would you drop it?!"

"I'm just saying, whatever washes up in our pond ought to be ours, and that includes sperm whales."

"Well, if you're gonna argue like that, it wasn't all in the pond. Some of it was in poor little Virginia's front yard; and the boardwalk, that's public property."

"The head was on our side. They could have left us the head."

Whale aside, it had been a productive morning's foraging. A splendid blue betta for the aquarium, three wedding rings, evidence, a whole lot of dental floss and enough copies of Atlas Shrugged to finally prop up the coffee table. Whichever route Morris and Munda took, they always made sure to swing by the sewer underneath Planet Express to pick up any letters from Leela. The torch was getting low, but they knew the way well enough. Another left and they'd be there.

"I am not having a whale's head in my house, Morris. I don't care if it'd make a neat porch."

Wom.

"I would've made you some perfume."

Wom.

"Aw, honey, I appreciate the thought, but frankly, it makes my suckers itch... What's that?"

It was a soft, low sound, but they'd never heard it before. It wasn't the water treatment plant, or a distant airboat, or the cry of a hatchling crocodile. Whatever it was seemed to be alive, and just round the bend.

Munda gripped Morris' arm and whispered, "Sub-sewer?"

The torch chose that moment to burn out.

As their eyes readjusted, they became aware of a faint purple glow. The thing moved, and the glow shimmered around the damp pipe. It let out a thunderous roar, and they were halfway up a drain before they realised it was really more of a yawn.

"What a feast that was!" it said, getting to its feet with a grunt and another series of woms. "Wha – I'm bioluminescent! Ahh, that takes me back."

Option 1: Keep very quiet and hope it goes away.

Option 2: Tiptoe back down the pipe and fetch people with guns and sticks. Large sticks.

Option 3: Go and say hello; it seems amiable enough. It'd be handy to have a new friend who glows, and if it's hostile, the council might be willing to trade it for your whale, not that you should have to trade for your own whale.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:14 pm

#3. That whale is theirs, blast it.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Enhas
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Enhas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:49 pm

#3. :E
CROWD: What do you want?
FRY: Fry's dog!
CROWD: When do you want it?
FRY: Fry's dog!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:06 pm

#3eeeeeee!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon