Going back to arting in a way...commissions

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager

Going back to arting in a way...commissions

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:34 pm

* Sorry for posting this here, but if any mod finds this as incorrect, please feel free to remove.

I know guys that I've been away from art for quite a long time, but sometimes life put test on us.

Some of you guys here already know and some have already helped in a way I thank you with all my heart.

Anyhow, for those who don’t, here the long story short. My mother had two breast operations for possible in a period of almost 2 years, and the result was negative. Still on the last test a few months back she had ramifications on the other breast and the result was positive. She went out for surgery and is currently here at home with me recovering. The thing is that because of her age the insurance have restrictions for people her age it does not apply quimiotherapy or surgeries. I have already paid for the surgery or otherwise they wouldn’t have operated on her. Lost my business by doing so, because I sold everything I had. For the quimiotherapy I've paid one third of the total cost, and man that is awful expensive. I'm trying to for some kind of commission-donation-help to help me out to pay those expenses by the next due date on June 5th.And for that reason since I already collected 200 us so far. I’m still 500 us short. I'm doing this. I may get a pc tonight or tomorrow from a donation from the DIF organization to do the art since going to the internet cafe and having art scanned is a pain and is costly.

You may note me here if you want to keep yourself anonymous, or just reply on this thread.

Because of the time I might take on the commission I would prefer if you guys ask for penciled work only so to give the chance to me and to other to have their art faster. I’ll do colored ones if you want to, but please try to stay in pencil art or probably simple cell shaded, not fully rendered.

I still have to get 500us together, and so I’ll split this into sections

25 slots commissions of 20 us each for one character or 17 commissions of 30 us each for two characters. If you want a colored one cell shaded or fully rendered with BG note me please on pms

Thanks a lot, and wishing to soon be a regular as I used to be.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: Going back to arting in a way...commissions

Post by c_nordlander » Thu May 20, 2010 9:04 am

Oh, you've got to be kidding me... No, not literally, obviously, but the fact that they would make you pay for a life-saving operation is simply disgusting. Anyway, I'm glad your mother is getting her operation, and I wish her all the best.

I don't have any commissions for you, but good luck with everything!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
OARRIAGA2001

Re: Going back to arting in a way...commissions

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:37 am

I know.  But it is the way it is in Mexico. I hate burocracy, but it was the same way when I lived in the US.   and thats why there has been a lot of issues about insurance.  Here in Mexico, they can possibly treat you, but by the time it gets to be your turn you are probably already a corpse. I hate to say this , but our medical benefits as an employee are a piece of crap and nothing else.  Ah, and people over 60 years are non insurable in any company at all.
Never judge a book by its cover.....