I got photoshop 7 and allready need help :'(

Discuss art techniques and styles here. If you need tips or have any questions about artistic style or want to show people some new skills, this is the place.
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor

I got photoshop 7 and allready need help :'(

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:05 pm

Does anyone know any good  non blurry paintbrush line tutorials? or can anyone teach me. I tried one on suta-raito.com allready but it was too basic and although I followed it my paintbrush line ended up staying the same and just as blurry :(
help and adivce is appreciated
thanks
:lisa:
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Tigersrock144

Re: I got photoshop 7 and allready need help :'(

Post by Tigersrock144 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:34 am

not puching people or anything 'cos I do know how replying works here but I'm not sure if everyone has knowticed this post....soz but I am really stuck at it
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Marco

Post by Marco » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:51 pm

The paintbrush will ALWAYS be slightly blurred at the edges. Even when you put hardness at 100%, it will be anti-aliased, so slightly blurred at the sides.

Maybe you want to use the "pencil" tool. I dont remember PS 7.0, but it's the same button as the paintbrush. It should switch to pencil when you click over it. Give it a try and let me know :)
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:44 pm

oh ok thnx, I finished a pic on ps 7 now for a friend on tlkfaa (some of you might know which site i am on about)
any suggestions on improovment (this should proberbly go in critique corner but this should be allright)
it's the first time i used the pen tool of doom! yuo know which one i mean lol

EDIT: bare in mind this is 100% digitally done and getting to the scanner seems to be more difficult nowadays with the whole family wanting the computer with it! (aka my stupid brother) and drawing straight off the computer is kinda hard for me lol
Attachments
tibbey complete.png
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:19 pm

right here's the brush problem I have looked at tutorials and i follow them as best as i can but never can because when I right click on my brush it comes up with a huge table of blurry brushes, such as these but shouldn't it come up with a smaller box showing some nice smooth looking brushes...
(first attachment is my screenshot)
(second from tutorial i found like many others)

EDIT: i was told it's 'cos I need a tablet but i do have one o_0 it's a genius make which was kinda cheap compared to wacom and is sorta bashed up 'cos my mum kept knocking it off the shelves when dusting  >:( pft for once i can blame my parents for damaging something that costs ^^bwhahaha..*ahem* yeah I was told to install it agin but I have a feeling it won't work :(

2nd EDIT: aha i got it working ^^ i think my computer didn't realise I was using a tablet so yah I installed it again and re booted the computer :) no worrys
Attachments
ps7 prob 2 pngpng.png
ps7 prob.png
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:42 am

Great piece Sunset, there is nothing I can add, only to keep at it; well only one thing, you are geting good with color and beign your first time with Photoshop one can only imagine what you'll be able to do in the long run with all the dedication.  Welcome to the team!  :homer:
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:55 am

thanks, I kinda added my knowledge from paintshop pro when I started since I've had psp7 for the 3 years now
I have learnt quite a bit but I am honestly still learning :D
Thank you
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:13 pm

but I am honestly still learning

we all are.  ;)
Never judge a book by its cover.....