Need help from anyone who can draw

Discuss art techniques and styles here. If you need tips or have any questions about artistic style or want to show people some new skills, this is the place.
Dagdamor

Need help from anyone who can draw

Post by Dagdamor » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:00 pm

How to put this properly... well, after many asks, suggestions, demands, punches, kicks and bites from my fellow Russian friends I decided to start working on my Simpsons website. I already have almost everything needed for that - a nice domain (www.simps.ru), decent hosting, desire and some free time. Unfortunately, this is not enough - I don't have a good design, and all my previous attempts to create one have failed miserably. :( So I'm asking anyone who's willing to help:

1) The site will be mainly dedicated to the Simpsons fanart and fanfiction (like GFWC, just in less "technical" and more "entertaining" way, and in Russian of course), so if you have your own Simpsons drawings/stories, and you're not against seeing them on the foreign website, please say this here. We need good works. :)

2) The same about using your pictures on the site design.

3) If you can help me with the design, please do it. My ability to make designs sucks; I can only create an HTML version from the picture, and other technical stuff like programming. I see future site's appearance as something like The Simpsons Channel - it has very nice and convenient design imo.

Thank you!
margefan
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Re: Need help from anyone who can draw

Post by margefan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:15 am

Sorry I cant help but I would like to at least encourage you ;) Im sure it will be an awesome site! Just make sure there's some english in there for us that dont understand Russian 8)
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:08 pm

You know you can count on my art if you like, Sergey. ;)
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Casper
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:42 pm

Aye... anything and everything that takes you interest.
As they say, if its not screwed down.... err... ask some one... ;)
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
Itchy
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Itchy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:58 pm

Can probably add a couple of pics to you site as well. If you see anything I've done you want to use on your site, then feel free to ask. As long as you credit my name I will most probably allow it.
Extreme Itchy and Scratchy now with 29% more pointless violence than before.
Gazmanafc
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Gazmanafc » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:48 pm

Design? Like the Channel? That I can have a go at. :P Just send me the resorses (pics you want in it) and the russian translations of what you would like in the images (title of the site, navigation items etc... (eg. Info, Media, Site), and I'll be able to take care of the rest.
* Gary makes a mental note to learn a few Russian words
ICQ me on the usual address.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.