How to draw Marge

Discuss art techniques and styles here. If you need tips or have any questions about artistic style or want to show people some new skills, this is the place.
Morpheus306

How to draw Marge

Post by Morpheus306 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:46 am

Here's a Marge semi tutorial. I keep saying semi because I'm not showing you step by step what to do, but rather a nice drawing, then how to get to that point using construction lines. Anyway down to buisness. Marge's head is construsted exactly like Lisa's with a sphere and the mouth going from the senter line to the bottom of the sphere. Her hair is two head sphere's tall and it has a curve to it, it's not straight up and down. There are 4 bumps above her eyes, then 2 for her side burns. I also included a little ditty about how to draw her eye lashes. I'm going to go into how to draw mouth's and facial emotions later. Just rememeber that although Marge is thin, she still has a thickness to her, that's just the style. Make sure that not matter what you draw you want it to be solid, make it look like it has mass. Enjoy!
Attachments
HowtoMarge.jpg
Dagdamor

Re: How to draw Marge

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:34 am

"Include two heads for hair" :o I thought it were bowling balls!

Okay, okay, joking :D Nice tutorial once again; and again, I must say that I personally would prefer seeing finished Marge pictures by you, not tutorials. Yes, I know, it's "Creative Pencil", but I look forward to see something in the Netcomix by you, too. Just for the people who are hopeless as an artists, like me.

Again, the tutorial is good and looks professional. But I already have "Cartooning With The Simpsons", so... ;)
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:15 pm

Ahh, very nice. :)  I'd never noticed the number of hair bumps around her face before, but it makes sense to count it just like the kids' hair spikes.  Neat.  :marge:

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
jusis
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by jusis » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:54 am

Very very nice!!!!! :marge:
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:08 pm

Ahhh, now this should come in handy. I always make a bunch of tiny mistakes with Marge's hair.

A question, though: how do you get the bumps nice and even around her hair? I always end up with a horrible mess about half way up...
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
simpsonsnut78
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by simpsonsnut78 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:03 am

genius... absolute genius.  :marge: :marge: :marge:
ruffles: hey guess what, i can draw marge!!!
chum: oh yeah? well i can draw homer
ruffles: i can drw fry!!! now what?
chum: shut up...