Homer Sketches

Discuss art techniques and styles here. If you need tips or have any questions about artistic style or want to show people some new skills, this is the place.
Morpheus306

Homer Sketches

Post by Morpheus306 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:43 am

Here are some warm up sketches of homer I did a while ago using a black sharpee on animation paper.  I put this in the creative pencil section because I want this to be viewed as a sort of tutorial.  Mainly for sketching.  Notice how I'm not concerned with the final product.  I'm focusing on shapes and the gesture, or emotion of each pose.  Remember in animation you want to be able to tell a story with one picture.  Give your characters a reason for living so to speak.  Always keep the line of action in mind, even if a character is standing still. 
Attachments
HomerSketch.jpg
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor

Re: Homer Sketches

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:46 pm

luvin' the drunk homer, faved this on DA :D
May I ask a stupid question? what you mean by black sharpee? like a pen, I'm guessing, or a very dark pencil... o_0,
(I have little knowledge on art media as  I usually just sketch in pencil and experiment with whatever I can find ^^ ')
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Binky

Post by Binky » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:42 pm

This would be a black sharpie:

OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:50 pm

Looking good, Morpheus. It has too be. :-)  After all, you're at the studios.  ;)

sketches like this are always the foundation for a scene. like you said.    every scene is planned like this.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:17 pm

(thanks blinkie, never heard of a sketchie pen o_0, or seen one in any art stores either...ah well, I'll stick to felt tips  ;D)
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Lisalover1
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lisalover1 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:40 pm

I always like to start out with the neck.
I AM THE BLAZER! I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!