New Lisa Tutorial

Discuss art techniques and styles here. If you need tips or have any questions about artistic style or want to show people some new skills, this is the place.
Morpheus306

New Lisa Tutorial

Post by Morpheus306 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:33 pm

Here is a more in depth look at how to draw Lisa.  This is mainly to show her eye's and hair.  Oh, speaking of eyes, these will work with any character, just remove the lashes for the guys.  And be careful about the squinting eyes, the studio actually tells to avoid using them if we can.  Anyway, so I know this look really complicated, and it is.  These characters are not easy to draw at all but hopefully this will help you guys, just remember practice practice practice.  Oh, and feel free to ask me any questions or if you need help on drawings.
Attachments
GoodLisa.jpg
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Re: New Lisa Tutorial

Post by D.B. » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:20 pm

extremely useful! I'll be saving this to my harddrive once i get home (and on a completely personal note I'm also quite pleased to see some of the conventions shown here for drawing her hair pretty much match up with the set of rules i figured out myself ;D ). A couple of questions though. The two circles which the peaks and troughs of her hair lie on - how do you determine the radius of these? I currently aim for about 3/4 and 1/4 of an eyeball width greater than the circle for her head, but that's just me... Also, what size should the sphere for her body be?
Last edited by D.B. on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner