Simpson Mouth's

Discuss art techniques and styles here. If you need tips or have any questions about artistic style or want to show people some new skills, this is the place.
Morpheus306

Simpson Mouth's

Post by Morpheus306 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:29 am

So I finally got to making a tutorial for drawing mouth's.  Here's wahtcha do...
1. I used lisa/marge's mouth because it was easier but the same rules apply to all characters. 
2.When the mouth is open the inside lip line is always behind the neck line.  Character's like Wiggum don't have outside lip lines because of the fat.
3. The direction of the lip line determines emotion. 
4. With the teeth, they form a sort of 1pt. perspective inside the mouth as shown.
5. As layout artist's we don't deal with mouth shapes for dialogue, but I included a few just in case.
6. There is a 'OO' mouth shape as in "You", and a "oooo" mouth shape that's used for when a character is impressed with something.
Anyway, keep it simple and don't be afraid to strecth and squash the shapes.
Attachments
Mouths.jpg
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: Simpson Mouth's

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:15 am

Thanks Morpheus, this is going to be of so much help. I'm o the script right now, but I will have to get use to this mouths as  I write too.  I hope we can have another chat soon.  Thanks again!  ;)
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:53 am

:o This is deffinetly going to be handy, like most of your tutorials, however I always seem to have dificulty drawing their mouths right, thanks for drawing this and posting it up here :D
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
simpsonsnut78
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by simpsonsnut78 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:41 am

very helpful stuff you got here pal... now i can draw marge with different expressions
ruffles: hey guess what, i can draw marge!!!
chum: oh yeah? well i can draw homer
ruffles: i can drw fry!!! now what?
chum: shut up...
Meghan
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Meghan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:45 pm

Thank you, I really will think this advice will come in quite handy when I make my fanart for my story "The Dark Matriarch of Springfield" I tried it before without hearing about you advice but they just turned out more human looking than what I imagined, I plan on using this alot.

Also, what about women's mouths when they have on lipstick, any rules or something I should rememeber for that as well?
"Its The Rapture, quick get Bart out of the house before God comes!" -Homer