Rolling Stone Names "150 Best" Simpsons Episodes

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Rolling Stone Names "150 Best" Simpsons Episodes

Post by missy_misery » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:50 am

In honor of the marathon.

Thoughts/disagreements? What are your top five episodes? And have you been watching the marathon?
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Re: Rolling Stone Names "150 Best" Simpsons Episodes

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:43 am

Haven't read the whole list, but at least they seem pretty nicely spread among all seasons. (Maybe a bit too nicely spread, IMO.) Though I noticed that they got the title of "The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons" wrong.

I'll never be able to choose favourite OFF episodes (unless I get to choose all of Seasons 2-8 and parts of 1 and 9 as well), but ones that would definitely be on the list would be "Last Exit to Springfield", the "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" duology, "Lisa the Iconoclast", and pretty much every episode featuring Sideshow Bob (from the good seasons, that is).

EDIT: Actually, strike that. I enjoyed pretty much every Sideshow Bob episode except "Day of the Jackanapes". The only thing that was funny in that was Bob stepping on the rake.
Last edited by c_nordlander on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:05 pm

I feel much the same way, though I think it started to get wobbly for me around season 10 or so.

My Top 5:
1: Lisa's Wedding
2: Marge On The Lam
3: I Married Marge
4: Lisa Vs Malibu Stacy
5: A Streetcar Named Marge

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:31 pm

Those are some good ones! Especially numbers 1 and 5, in my opinion.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:48 am

Thank you! My top ten's got some Homer and Bart in it, I promise (and also some Edna and Skinner)