Least Favorite Simpsons Character

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Re:Least Favorite Simpsons Character

Post by EvilCupcake » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:47 am

But Homer NEVER listens though. And Marge slapped Homer because she was annoyed with him for 'pretending to be stupid' though she for got to say 'er'. Although the Cartrige Family annoyed me because Marge beraded Homer for not getting rid of the gun, then she takes it out of the trash at the end. I've never been a huge Marge fan myself because I think she is annoying.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:06 am

Let's face it, there are many mothers who are more annoying than Marge. :) I think she's admirable.
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:48 am

Yeah, Marge is an idiot for always objecting to Homer's stupid and suicidally dangerous ideas instead of going with them like a good wife should, and Homer should divorce her and marry Boobarella (I can't spell her name lol... the one with the big b00bs lol) because Marge is sooo boring with her morals and sense...

... oh, and by the way, I was being sarcastic.

(Personally, I didn't mind the ending to "The Cartridge Family". It brought some much-needed irony to the episode. Besides, all Discworld fans know that a gonne has a mind of its own, and can corrupt people.)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:57 am

I can't beleive Cat lady is amounst these!!
Anyway I don't like Marge as much as I used to since she's just totally weird now and not like the sensible, good natured person she sort of used to be in the early seasons and I don't like Homer as much in the latest seasons either but the worst character I hate sooo much is Lindsey Naegle!!
I also have something against Helen Lovejoy 'cos she's an annoying goosipy person and Boobarella is just pointless!
I prefere most characters in the ealier seasons as in the newer seasons they add annoying, pointless characters (except that funny catlady person who reminds me of my best mate when she will be older) and more of the characters are just stupid or say stupid stuff. Skinner is just not emotional anymore and more of an embarresment.

Edit: oh and I also hate Lisa when she's whineing and when ever Homer listens to whatever she says, everything goes downhill for Homer and I feel sorry for him for listening to Lisa! :(
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:10 am

Hmmm... this is a hard question. Maybe CBG and Artie Ziff will be on the first places on this list... but that's all. And Simpsons family will never appear there :) they are too good to judge them :)

As for Marge... I think she is great mother and great wife.
I would be happy if I ever will find a woman like her :) but I'm afraid this is impossible. :(
Meghan
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Meghan » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:45 pm

Maybe I forgot to add him to the list but Comic Book Guy is one of them. Its just that he was suppose to the mockery of every sci-fi fanatic over twenty, but then he just appeared more and more often and got sad and well.....I guess the word would be....pathetic.

And, since we're on the subject of characters in certain behaviors I would have to say "Inteferring with other people's problems" Marge would be one of them. It kinda gives me the impression that she is going OUT of her way to do it because of either extra attention or just to make herself feel important whereas it used to be about her caring nature. I kinda would like to see one episode where someone has a problem and goes to someone else for advice and Marge tries to compete to solve thier problem first before they do.

But her other behaviors I like. Just not that one.
Last edited by Meghan on Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its The Rapture, quick get Bart out of the house before God comes!" -Homer
Hera_Potter
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by Hera_Potter » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:55 pm

10. The Rich Texan
9. Helen Lovejoy. Although "Think of the children!" is kind of funny.
8. The "new" Springfield. It used to be a parody of America, but now it's just heartless.
7. The "new" angry Marge
6. The third grade teacher (can't remember her name)
5. Sara Sloan. I'm with Chris on this one. "OMG ill sleep with ned & ruin his charecter & leave him LOL!!!!!"
4. Duffman. I was happy when he couldn't breathe in that one episode. That's how annoying he got.
3. Boobarella, etc.
2. Selfish, mean, jerky Homer
1. PC Thug Lisa
Retrospecticus: Immortalizing Your Awkward Phase
Karsten_Thiel
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Karsten_Thiel » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:18 pm

*scratches head*

Can't say I've ever thought much about this, but I suppose people like Cletus, Disco Stu, Gil, Duffman and the like would all be in that list. They were funny at first, but in recent years they've been overused, and are just plain annoying.

(And of course, there are also various characters that I've come to dislike due to them being grossly out of character in recent seasons, but that's something different.)
What flows from me nose does not go on the clothes.
MJ Commander

Post by MJ Commander » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:29 pm

I really hate these 7 characters (no particular order)

-Larry Burns
-Kirk Van Houten
-Mrs Lovejoy
-Captain McCalister
-The Rich Lawyer
-Moe
-The 2 hippies
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Andreas » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:51 pm

Actually, there's no one I really "hate", but a few ones aren't my favourites, so to speak.

- Helen Lovejoy
- Agnes Skinner
- Patty & Selma Bouvier
- Hans Moleman
- The Crazy Cat Lady
- The Rich Texan

and a few more (usually "newer" ones, such as Cookie Kwan). I won't comment on "jerkass Homer" and "PC thug Lisa", since they are still Homer and Lisa and therefore count among my most beloved charakters.
Andreas

Meghan
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Meghan » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:21 am

Alot of you guys mention PC thug Lisa...exactly which one was she like?
"Its The Rapture, quick get Bart out of the house before God comes!" -Homer
Fionn
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Re: Least Favorite Simpsons Character

Post by Fionn » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:37 am

-Patty Bouvier

-Ned Flanders (ergo, I love to see his torment)

-Booberella

-Helen Lovejoy

-Whiny Marge

-Jerky/Whiny Homer
Hey you, out there in the cold,
Getting lonely, getting old,
Can you hear me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles,
With itching feet and fading smiles,
Can you feel me?
Hey You! Don\'t help them to bury the light.
Don\'t give in without a fight.

-\"Hey You\", by Pink Floyd
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:01 am

Whoa there.  See the date on the post before yours?  See how it says November 30, 2004.  Now look at today's date.  See that it's March 30, 2006?  Notice the one year, four month difference?

Don't let that happen again.  Thank you.

Though, I will give you bonus points for having Helen Lovejoy there.

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
margefan
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by margefan » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:17 pm

Black_raven wrote: Anyway I don't like Marge as much as I used to since she's just totally weird now and not like the sensible, good natured person she sort of used to be in the early seasons and I don't like Homer as much in the latest seasons either but the worst character I hate sooo much is Lindsey Naegle!!
Yeah I agree with this one. It was nice when Marge became less of a background character and had some episodes and development to herself but it's gone too far now. Like the series as a whole I suppose.

Add to that the 'new style' Homer and any pointless characters as said before.
Candy Man
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Candy Man » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:54 pm

No offense, but sometimes Milhouse is can be a real...jerk sometimes. I mean...he's so damn annoying sometimes. And he makes Bart look bad.

Um...Nelson. Well when he's bullying guys.

Um....Rod and Todd. They are just so...Ralph. Which is also annoying.

For some reason, I don't like episodes where Krusty is centered as the main character.

And Bad Jerky Homer. I mean something he totally did somethind wrong and he could push the blame onto someonelse. I love his caring father side though.

Ugggh...Burns sometimes...but sometimes he's just cool.

Grampa. YEah he can get real annoying.

But anyway I am looking at these characters as a character point of veiw. I believe that every citizen is springfield plays a lil role.

DOn't kill me, but I rather like Helen. She doesn't have an annoying voice like that Chinese Kwan women...and someone has to put up with TImmy.