favorite quote

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
papa smurf
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

favorite quote

Post by papa smurf » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:29 pm

He I dont know if theres a thread like this already,but here we go whats your most memorable quote every, from the simpsons.
Smurfs are CRAZY GOOD!..................................  i love  me some smurfs. well i guess 0 is better then -2...... not a much better mind you,... but a little
papa smurf
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Re: favorite quote

Post by papa smurf » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:34 pm

you guys know you can type stuff right? Nobody every posts on my topics, is it because im the new guy?
Smurfs are CRAZY GOOD!..................................  i love  me some smurfs. well i guess 0 is better then -2...... not a much better mind you,... but a little
Hellfish
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Hellfish » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:38 pm

I'd rather think it's because you don't give it enough time. Chill out for a while, if it's an interesting topic; someone's bound to post in it.

My fav quote changes with time but right now I remember most clearly...
*Poorly impersonates James Earl Jones* "This is indeed a disturbing universe." Maggie may be cute but she's a killer ;D
And what's the deal with traffic theory?
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:07 pm

Hellfish is right.  You'd barely let five minutes pass.  This is a forum, not a chatroom.  *considers the weekly chats*  Well, alright, poor example.

As for favourite quote, it varies with memory but right now I'd go with good ol' Dr Nick's, "Inflammable means flammable?  What a country!"

(And yes,  :maggie: is evil.  EVVVVIIIILLL I tells ya!)

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:51 pm

I have so many favorite quotes, it's impossible to pick the all-time favorite, so I'll just go with one that DM's post brought to mind:

"Well, if it isn't my old friend Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!"
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:20 pm

lol that has to be my fav dr nick quote, I got so many fav simpson quite s I can't possibly choose!
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Abe_Simpson
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Abe_Simpson » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:43 am

"Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him." -Homahhhhh
Remember when he ate my goldfish? And you said I never had a goldfish? Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL?
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:43 am

"In America, first you get de sugar, den you get de power, den you get de women." - Homer, half-asleep

You know, I love the bizarre rants Homer used to go on:

"I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all! The terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles! Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors. Oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called 'city fathers' who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about 'What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?'"

"Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And I'm not out of order! You're out of order! The whole freaking system is out of order! You want the truth? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that used to be your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge, it's Chinatown!"
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:28 am

Mine's from the episode "Summer of 4 Ft. 2":

"Oh a friend! A companion, dunno, stuffed animal?" - from  :lisa: 
I think that's the way it goes, if I'm wrong, please correct me.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Orange Box
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Orange Box » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:05 am

- I'm sorry, but... "paradigm", "pro-active"... Aren't these just buzz-words stupid people use to make themselves sound smart? (pause) I'm fired, aren't I?
- (matter-of-factly) Yes.

I wouldn't say it's teh quote, but it's pretty good. :)

Orange Box
You can run with us | We've got everything you need | Run with us | We are free.
Evilmoo
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Evilmoo » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:23 am

My favourite quote at the moment has to be:

"Being eaten by an alligator is just like falling asleep... in a giant blender!

Quote courtesy of  :homer:
Oh you're my wife now...
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:22 pm

Ooh, so hard to choose. A couple of my favourites:

HOMER: Lamentably not, my gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.

LISA: (in response to marge asking if Apu's food was too spicy for her) I can see through time!
(I only read dune a couple of years back, so it was a wonderful surprise to be rewatching an episode and get a joke I didn't even know I'd missed)
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:04 am

So many to choose from, but this one often comes to mind:

(from "Flaming Moe's")

Marge: Well, Homer, maybe you can take some consolation in the fact that something you created is making so many people happy.
Homer: [sarcastic] Ooh, look at me!  I'm making people happy!  I'm the magical man from Happyland, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane!
*walks out, slams door*
*sticks head back in*
Homer: Oh, by the way: I was being sarcastic
*SLAM*
Marge: Well, duh.
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
papa smurf
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by papa smurf » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:58 pm

Moe-Hello moe's tavern.
Bart- Is there an Anida last name Bath there?
Moe- hey guys! Anida Bath,Anida Bath.
Drunks- Yeah you do!
Abe_Simpson
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Abe_Simpson » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:44 am

Milhouse: Remember the time he ate my goldfish? Then you said I never had a goldfish? Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?

It's funny enough that I put it in my "signature".
Remember when he ate my goldfish? And you said I never had a goldfish? Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL?