The Simpsons- The Rise And Fall Of

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Re: The Simpsons- The Rise And Fall Of

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:37 pm

*ULTIMA*

Hey, why am I trying to avoid being hugged by my own husband?
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:06 pm

Are you really Graham's wife or are you having us on?
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:07 pm

I have no idea who this strange woman is. However I o recall something happening in some sort of large, stone building... I think a magic ring was involved somewhere...
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:24 pm

So thats a yes?
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:01 pm

Yes.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:12 pm

Immaterial wrote: Yes.
Quiet you, strange woman!

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:22 pm

Conratulations!
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:25 pm

Dark Mage wrote: Argh! Gedawaygedawaygedawaaaay!

*FIRA*
*LOL*
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:43 pm

Binky wrote: First of all, my main argument wasn't even about Jake Lennington's opinions. I was talking about certain things he's claimed as "facts" only to be immediately proven wrong by everyone, including RMIII (hell, even some of the most annoying members like Silverlimit have more knowledge about The Simpsons than Jake). And his worthless opinions on the show clinch it. But then, what really pushes it over the top is his over-inflated ego, as CG just said. Back in April, he started a heated discussion about the "Future-Drama" episode, and proceeded to compare his comic to the episode and actually tried to convince people that his crappy characters designs were better than what the show's animators had done for the episode. Can you believe that? It was pretty much him against the entire board and he just ended up making a huge ass of himself. He's rarely posted in that forum since.
FYI in the thread you mentioned someone else brought Jake's idea up and Jake said he peferred his future to the one presented in FutureDrama and I happen to agree with him.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:34 pm

DeadRichmond wrote:FYI in the thread you mentioned someone else brought Jake's idea up and Jake said he peferred his future to the one presented in FutureDrama and I happen to agree with him.
He's also said (before the last time he left here) that he considers his spin-off to be more canon than the show itself. Do you agree with that?
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by J2 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:43 am

Officer 1BDI wrote: Hasn't Harry Shearer openly slammed the recent seasons?

As for comparing the behind-the-scenes knowledge of Jake and Roger Meyers III... the fact is, RMIII has connections, and Jake doesn't.  Granted, we don't know what those connections are, and I will admit that I agree with Jake's overall opinion on the current state of the show, but RMIII is simply more involved with "The Simpsons" than Jake, and he probably knows more about what's going on behind the scenes.
Roger Meyers III is/was Nancy Cartwright's buisness attorney for Nancy's now defunct, I think, "Kid Sister" project.  He was "let in" to some inside info.  And now you know.

Oh, and Binky, shut the hell up.
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by J2 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:51 am

Binky wrote: But then, what really pushes it over the top is his over-inflated ego, as CG just said. Back in April, he started a heated discussion about the "Future-Drama" episode, and proceeded to compare his comic to the episode and actually tried to convince people that his crappy characters designs were better than what the show's animators had done for the episode. Can you believe that?
No, I sure can't, newjack.  I said I wasn't fond of the way the show was doing ANOTHER futurerama-esque future and of course my comic/site was DRAGGED into it by the other members.  It was IMPOSSIBLE to have anyone take me seriously because they thought I was only a jerk to promote my site.  And it's funny how the UK viewers read the overhyped reviews gave mostly poor scores to Future-drama on the NHC when it aired a few weeks ago.

Here's a link to the last batch of reviews: http://nohomers.net/showthread.php?t=46908&page=9&pp=30

And here's "Channel Surfer's" review:
And "Future-Drama", which after a rewatch of the entire Jean era, is my least favorite of the season, and a complete flop of a story. The various conflicts of Bart/Jenda, Bart/Lisa, and Lisa/Milhouse make no impact because of shallow writing all around. Milhouse is defined only by his sickening obsession with Lisa and muscle jokes. It's made worse by the fact that Lisa is for some reason dating him because he saved her life...from a fire she knows he set (what!), breaks up with him for some trivial reason, and decides to settle for misery with him for, um, I don't even know. Meanwhile, Jenda is little more than a plot device, her demanding, controlling nature serving more to annoy me than to sympathize with Bart, forcing Bart into convenient situations that force Bart to choose between her or ruining his sisters life (being conveniently awarded Lisa's scholarship to get a definitive career, being forced to choose between saving Lisa from staying with Milhouse or ending his relationship with Jenda because he won't do it at that very second of his life). And the conflict between Bart and Lisa has about as much depth as "Wiz Kids" (Bart ruins Lisa, Lisa is forced into peril because of Bart, Bart "saves" her and rectifies all wrong). Do I even need to bring up Homer and Marge's marriage crisis? The characters are either shallow, contrived, or annoying, predictably written, and are thus unable to carry an engaging storyline.

"Future-Drama" D+

It was pretty much him against the entire board and he just ended up making a huge ass of himself. He's rarely posted in that forum since.
Yeah, it's called summer and there's no new episodes, duh.  And if ANOTHER zany, wacky future epsiode was planned, I'd be right back into the thick of it and all the Simpsons forums on the internet can kiss my ass if they don't like it.  ;D
Last edited by J2 on Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:45 am

Well, I hope everyone will agree with me when I say this:

Lisa rules.
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:43 am

Stretch Dude wrote:
DeadRichmond wrote:FYI in the thread you mentioned someone else brought Jake's idea up and Jake said he peferred his future to the one presented in FutureDrama and I happen to agree with him.
He's also said (before the last time he left here) that he considers his spin-off to be more canon than the show itself. Do you agree with that?
Yes. M&E reminds me of the Seasons 1-3 of The Simpsons and depicts OFF in a realistic future. I fail to see what is so bad about it.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:40 am

You didn't answer the question.

And now you're never going to answer the question, because this thread deserves to die a quick death.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks